Michael Laudrup

alexjanosik

The Game
I am surprised that there isnt already a thread on the Great Dane.He is Barcelona's greatest ever player and among the top 5 of all time.He was under Platini's shadow at Juventus when Cryuff brought him to Barca.Cryuff saw a bit of himself in Laudrup.He was the inspiration behind our Dream Team and led us to 4 league titles and the elusive European Cup.He is possibly the most creative player in history.He fell out with Cryuff and went on to play for the enemy.I can never forgive him for his betrayal but still he is one of my favourite players.

Beast

The Observer
He is my fav Barca & top 5 Real player of all time.. i can't find words to describe him...
he didn't betray Barca.. you offloaded him due to many reasons including a big fall out with Cruyff

I did before a topic for him in another Barca forum.. so i'll just quote me

Full name: Michael Laudrup
Nationality: Danish
Position: Forward
Birth Date: 15/06/1964
Birth Place: Frederiksberg, Denmark.
Shirt number for Barça: 9
Seasons in Barça: 5
Transferred to Barça from: Juventus
Transferred from Barça to: Real Madrid.
Goals in La Liga: 40

Voted as the best foreign player in the last 25 years to ever play in La Liga. He arrived from Juventus to Barcelona for the 1989-1990 season. Known for his fantastic technique and unselfishness, he was considered the play maker in Cruyff's "Dream Team", which was during Cruyff's second year as the coach of Barcelona.

Although his first year did not lead to any silverware, the next four years was a thing of dynasties. Partnering Stoitchkov lead to Barça winning four championships in a row and those years are still remembered as the best years of the club. He was multidimensional by being able to play as an attacking midfielder and a forward

However, the club brought Romario from PSV in Michael's fifth - and what would be his final year - and that lead to Michael being dropped as a starter due in large to the La Liga regulation of a maximum of three foreign players allowed in a game. Since there were four foreign stars in the club - Michael, Romario, Stoichkov and Koeman - Cruyff introduced a rotation system for his foreigners which did not suit to Laudrup's liking.

He always wanted to be a starter and the last straw came at the 1994 European Cup Championship finals against AC Milan. Barcelona lost that game by a score of 4-0 and Michael did not get to play in that game. That is when he decided it was time to leave Barcelona but no one could have expected him to sign and play with Barcelona's arch rivals, Real Madrid. He would spend a total of two years at Real Madrid and then two more years in Japan playing for Vissel Kobe and ended his club playing career at Ajax Amsterdam and bowed out totally from football after representing Denmark in the 1998 World Cup following Denmark's defeat on the hands of Brazil.

His crowning achievements at FC Barcelona are: 1 European Cup; 4 La Liga crowns titles, 1 Copa Del Rey title; and 2 Spanish Super Cups.

Zqa-

Great player. The best danish player ever, and there probably wont come anyone as good again.. Danish NT haven't been the same since he stopped in 98.

Warik

I am surprised that there isnt already a thread on the Great Dane.He is Barcelona's greatest ever player and among the top 5 of all time.He was under Platini's shadow at Juventus when Cryuff brought him to Barca.Cryuff saw a bit of himself in Laudrup.He was the inspiration behind our Dream Team and led us to 4 league titles and the elusive European Cup.He is possibly the most creative player in history.He fell out with Cryuff and went on to play for the enemy.I can never forgive him for his betrayal but still he is one of my favourite players.

Wouldn't go that far. He was a fantastic player and definitely one of our best players ever but I wouldn't say he was our greatest. We have alot of fantastic players through our history. That said he is one of my favourite players, even when he played for Real I liked him.

alexjanosik

The Game
It was between him and Kubala.I pick Laudrup because it was during his time that we won our first ever European Cup.He is also one of my favourite players.

maz

I walk the line
For sure cruyff is better than him..however ill never forget the words a friend ( ;) )told me about what his grandfather used to tell him regarding michael laudrup..that he used to glide along the pitch like a sea breeze.

alexjanosik

The Game
Cryuff was better no doubt but he was not Barca's greatest.During Cryuff's time we won a single league title.
If not Laudrup then who should be our greatest ever player?
I cant think of anyone besides Kubala.Then again we didnt win the European Cup during his time.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Really good player. Here you hear about his brother Brian because he played for Rangers but Michael was just as good if not better.

Home of Barca Fans