Michael Laudrup

zanela

I understand what you feel mate, but anywhay... I remember he's role in "Dream Team" and that we can't forget. Besides.... his transfer was a completely different case face to face with the Figo affair...

You tell them, señor. :)
Only those ignorant of the events and circumstances leading to his transfer would mention him in the same breath as Figo. Madrid hate greater than Barca Love is the new mantra of the new breed of culés. As such, everything related is perceived negatively or completely dismissed without a rational thought.
From his Bulgarian teammate's own accounts, the dane had an emotional tie-up with the club and would 've stayed longer had it not been for his fall-out with his dutch coach at the time. We not only lost a significant piece of the Dream team, suffered humiliaton at the hands of Milan, our domestic winning streak came to an end. Its also interesting how he failed to win anything post-Laud. Sorry, but for all the dutch's Barca legacy this was a low point in his managerial career, a bad judgement on his part. You dont mistreat and alienate a player of dane's calibre and expect the football side of things to work in your favour. It was not a greed-driven switch or the desire to don the white but a point to prove to the one who rejected his services. Not saying joining our arch-rivals was the right thing to do but i can understand why he did it. And Cruyff concedes it.
You can hate him all you want for his decison. But he's a significant part of our glorious past and been a model prof at all times. His contributions in the Blaugrana shirt commands and deserves more respect than what is shown.

Well, my memorie recals me only the 0-5 in 1974 and 2-6 in 2009 (both in Bernabeu...)... :)

You need to consider Gio's age you see..;) :lol:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
:lol: at the denial that Laudrup was a traitor. He was an amazing player and I don't hate him but no matter what your little crush makes you want to believe, he will never be associated with Barca in any way again. He's a Madrid man now.

A

AzizAlzeheri

I think ours (Denmark) best player in the history. Many people in Denmark says - Christian Eriksen (Ajax youngster) is our next Laudrup. But I do not believe that there are some that can be compared to Laudrup.

zanela

:lol: at the denial that Laudrup was a traitor. He was an amazing player and I don't hate him but no matter what your little crush makes you want to believe, he will never be associated with Barca in any way again. He's a Madrid man now.

It's interesting how he was being considered as Rijkaard's successor at one point. Then seen with the Barca contingent in attendence in Rome '09. Not sure how that bodes with his Madrid identity.
Not by choice as the dane is too classy not to reciprocate reverence when he sees it.

V

Valon

+1

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
One thing for sure he won't mind coaching Barca or Real when offered

He'd accept either job but he would only ever be offered the Madrid job. I doubt there's bad blood per se but he has no relations with the club and any cooperation would require too much from both sides. He's going to coach Madrid some day, once you cross that line it's very hard to undo it.

It might not have been about the money for him as it was Figo and like I said, I still like him as a footballer but I don't want him to have anything to do with Barcelona and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
He'd accept either job but he would only ever be offered the Madrid job. I doubt there's bad blood per se but he has no relations with the club and any cooperation would require too much from both sides. He's going to coach Madrid some day, once you cross that line it's very hard to undo it.

It might not have been about the money for him as it was Figo and like I said, I still like him as a footballer but I don't want him to have anything to do with Barcelona and I'm sure I'm not alone.

PREACH%20ON.jpg

Blaugrana94

He moved to Real Madrid but the fans still respect him. None off my Barca friends hate him like Figo. Why? Why do all Barca fans hate Figo more than Laudrup?

Home of Barca Fans