Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 151

Thread: Michael Laudrup

  1. #16
    If Carlsberg did forum members
    VivaBarca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Warik View Post
    Umm...he was alot better, really.
    Yeah Brian is over hyped here. But he was good.


    God doesn't pick football teams but if he did.... they'd probably look like this

  2. #17
    The Observer
    Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,777
    Quote Originally Posted by maz View Post
    For sure cruyff is better than him..however ill never forget the words a friend ( )told me about what his grandfather used to tell him regarding michael laudrup..that he used to glide along the pitch like a sea breeze.
    U still remember

  3. #18
    Anxiously waiting for the next match
    diegomessi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Permanent State of Happiness
    Posts
    4,315
    So elegant such a beautiful dribbler of the ball great to watch..
    "I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi Hernandez

    !!Visca Barça!! !!Visca Catalunya!!

  4. #19
    Ricardo
    Guest
    Michael Laudrup is a fantastic coach. He won the Danish league a couple of times and the Danish Cup as well. He did it playing 4-3-3 football ala the Barca you see today. Him and John Faxe (former Danish NT player) formed a partnership that after a year's break saw them join together again in Getafe where the two led a new team to the Spanish Copa Del Rey Final which they lost and very good position in La Liga.

    Very emphatic and caring person who graced the grass of many good team including Barca and Real. He dribled like a snake turning opponents left and right and and had a vision for the game like no one else.

    He was in my book one of the best players to play for Barca. Although not the best.

    I actually met Laudrup once. He seemed very down to earth. I politely asked him for my autograph and he gave me one.

    Very nice person, very good player and a very good coach.

  5. #20
    If Carlsberg did forum members
    VivaBarca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,868
    Was he chosen by Denmark as their best player over the last 50 years ? I think he was.


    God doesn't pick football teams but if he did.... they'd probably look like this

  6. #21
    Ricardo
    Guest
    Yes.

  7. #22
    Senior Member
    zanela's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,781
    I totally loveee & adore the dane...& i wud love to see him coach Barca smeday (i was so worried tht he'd take up the madrid job but im glad it didn't happen)...the Blaugrana suits him the best and always has...

    Dunno if hes the best barca player ever, but hez definitely the best looking barca player ever


    And,there isnt a sexier 45y.o in this world...he exudes so much class, oomph & elegance.


    My fav Laudrup video
    Last edited by zanela; 6th December 2009 at 09:41 PM.

  8. #23
    Howard Roark laughed
    John Antonio Bilboa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Following the white rabbit
    Posts
    927
    He has aged gracefully, which is more than i can say for Paul Gascoigne.
    PTC

  9. #24
    Fireman Sam
    silky_soccer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,070
    Quote Originally Posted by barcetia View Post
    If that's what you think then I feel sorry for you. I've watched many of LAudrup's matches and he is the best imo. When given 100%, try take the ball and I'll give you a lambo. Problem was that he rarely gave 100%.

    Galning.
    Also Zlatan on Laudrup:
    hahaha, You ask every pundit in world football, whos the betteer more talented player, 90% will say Fenomeno.

    Laudrop was an incredible playeer, but Ronaldo was something special mate.

    Also i watched both ALOT, so dont patronise mee.
    "Paul Scholes - The Boy With Red Hair and a Red Shirt" -

  10. #25
    Mikrofonkåt
    barcetia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Malmö, Sweden
    Posts
    969
    * Romário: "The best player I have ever played with and the 5th best in the history of the game"[11]
    * Raúl: "The best I have ever played with."[10]
    * Zamorano: "Un genio!", "The reason why I make so many goals, is Laudrup."[17]
    * Cruyff: "One of the most difficult players I have worked with. When he gives 80–90% he is still by far the best, but I want 100%, and he rarely does that."[18]
    * Cruyff (After Real Madrid with Laudrup had won 5–0 over Cruyff's Barcelona): "When Michael plays like a dream, a magic illusion, determined to show his new team his extreme abilities, no one in the world comes anywhere near his level."[19]
    * Platini: "One of the biggest talents ever. The best in the world on the training pitch, but never used his talent to its full during matches.[19]
    * Platini: "Michael had everything except for one thing: he wasn't selfish enough."[9]
    * Guardiola: "The best player in the world, I can't believe he hasn't won the title as best player."[citation needed]
    * Beckenbauer: "Pelé was the best in the 60s, Cruyff in the 70s, Maradona in the 80s and Laudrup in the 90s."[19]
    * Roberto Galia: "I have played against Maradona, Platini and Baggio. But the player I saw do the most indescribable things was Michael Laudrup."[20]
    * Clemente: "To me, Michael Laudrup is the most genius player the world has ever seen. He will always be my numero uno. Always."[19]
    * Bakero: "No one has given the club [Barcelona] as much inspiration as Michael. We all look up to him. It is a privilege to have your day enriched by a genius."[19]
    * Koeman: "Michael was possibly the most skilful and elegant player I ever played with. Few could dribble like he could. He could sense when a game was ready to be seized and transformed by a moment of individual brilliance."[21]
    * Stoichkov: "One of the best European players I’ve ever seen. An elegant, old-fashioned playmaker, he did things few other footballers could do."[22]
    * Brian Laudrup: "My brother started as an attacker but became an elegant attacking midfielder, perhaps the most complete there has ever been. His vision, speed of thought and passing were on a different level; he always knew what was going to happen before anybody else did. If anyone had a ‘football brain’, it was him."[23]
    * Ferrer: "Few people made me enjoy the game as much as Michael. Maybe he didn’t get the media recognition he deserved, but he was so classy and a real thinker. A master of the blind pass and impossible through-balls and I will never forget his ‘spoon’ pass in a game against Osasuna. He lifted the ball right over the defence and Romario touched it in first time."[24]
    * Capello (After the 4–0 win of Milan against Barcelona in the 1994 CL final):"Laudrup was the guy I feared but Cruyff left him out, and that was his mistake."[25]
    * Figo:"I think maybe Laudrup was the best player I ever played against."[26]


    Have a seat.

    Pundits.. pfft pundits can have a haircut. here's people that KNOW football because THEY ARE FOOTBALL..
    "Just because I don't watch La Liga, it doesn't mean I don't know who the players are."
    Someone questions whether Guillem Laporta is a good player.
    "I don't know him.... He'll be another crap player. "
    - VivaUnited


    Rayo

  11. #26
    Fireman Sam
    silky_soccer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,070
    do the same for Ronaldo then...

    in fact do the same for Paul scholes to, He is also the most talented ever if you go by those sort of quotes.
    "Paul Scholes - The Boy With Red Hair and a Red Shirt" -

  12. #27
    Mikrofonkåt
    barcetia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Malmö, Sweden
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by silky_soccer View Post
    do the same for Ronaldo then...

    in fact do the same for Paul scholes to, He is also the most talented ever if you go by those sort of quotes.
    alright. if you say so.
    "Just because I don't watch La Liga, it doesn't mean I don't know who the players are."
    Someone questions whether Guillem Laporta is a good player.
    "I don't know him.... He'll be another crap player. "
    - VivaUnited


    Rayo

  13. #28
    Fireman Sam
    silky_soccer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,070
    Glenn Hoddle : "There isn’t a player of his mould anywhere else in the world."

    Terry Venables : "He’s the best one- or two-touch passer in the country. He sees the game unlike any other player."

    Alan Shearer : "If you ask footballers to pick out the player they most admire, so many of them will pick Paul Scholes. He can tackle, and his passing and shooting is of the highest level. He’s the most consistent and naturally gifted player we’ve had for a long, long time."

    Eidur Gudjohnsen : "I'm more an admirer of Paul Scholes than I am of Ronaldo. Ronaldo is a fantastic player, but he has 10 other great players around him every week...Scholes is one of the most complete footballers I've ever seen. His one-touch play is phenomenal. Whenever I have played against him, I never felt I could get close to him."

    Edgar Davids : ""Every one of us (midfielders) is just trying to become as good as him. Everyone can learn from Paul Scholes."

    Edgar Davids : "I'm not the best, Paul Scholes is."

    Tony Adams : "I really rate Paul Scholes, because he hasn't got the high profile of many of the Manchester United players, he doesn't get too much attention, but he is one very good player. He is an intelligent player, he works hard and he scores some great goals. He is not flamboyant and is a quiet lad off the pitch but he is a tremendous asset to Manchester United and to England. He has already got my vote as player of the year."

    Cesc Fabregas : "He is the one whose level I aspire to. He is the best player in the Premier League."

    Patrick Vieira : "The player in the Premiership I admire most? Easy - Scholes."

    Thierry Henry : "I can't understand why Scholes has never won the player of the year award. He should have won it long ago. Maybe it's because he doesn't seek the limelight like some of the other 'stars'."

    Zinedine Zidane : "My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder."

    Zinedine Zidane : "Scholes is undoubtedly the best midfielder of his generation."

    Sam Allardyce : "There is not a better midfield player in the world."

    Kevin Keegan : "What United have got that Chelsea haven't is Paul Scholes. I think he is different to anything else in English football."

    Marcello Lippi : "Paul Scholes would have been one of my first choices for putting together a great team - that goes to show how highly I have always rated him. Scholes is a player I have always liked, because he combines great talent and technical ability with mobility, determination and a superb shot. He is an all-round midfielder who possesses character and quality in abundance. In my opinion, he's been one of the most important players for United under Sir Alex."

    Ray Wilkins : "I'm saddened because I think we as spectators, not only in this country but right through out Europe and the rest of the World, will be missing one hell of a footballer."

    Gordon Strachan : "Paul Scholes has been the best England midfield player for 30-odd years. You'd probably have to go back to Bobby Charlton to find someone who could do as much as Scholes. When the ball arrives at his feet he could tell you where every player on that pitch is at that moment. His awareness is superb."

    Veron while at Chelsea being asked in an interview who's the best english player : "Paul Scholes."

    Peter Schmeichel : "People say he is a great player, but you have to define what a great player is, For me, it is a player who has a bottom level that means his worst performance is not noticed.If he is having a bad game, a team-mate might feel Paul Scholes is not quite on his game, but a spectator wouldn't notice. Scholes, of all the players I have played with, has the highest bottom level. His reading of the game is unsurpassed.He has an eye for a pass, for what the play or the game needs at that precise moment, that I have never seen anyone else have. He controls and distributes the play and the game better than anyone I have ever seen."

    Laurent Blanc : "Scholes is the best English player. Intelligence, technique, strength... all the attributes are there. At Manchester United I saw what he could do on the training field. Phew!"

    David Beckham said that, among his teammates at Real Madrid, which included Zinedine Zidane, Raúl, Ronaldo, Luís Figo and Roberto Carlos, Scholes was the most admired opponent : "He's always one of those people others talk about. Even playing at Real Madrid, the players always say to me 'what's he like'? They respect him as a footballer, and to have that respect from some of those players is great
    "Paul Scholes - The Boy With Red Hair and a Red Shirt" -

  14. #29
    Mikrofonkåt
    barcetia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Malmö, Sweden
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by silky_soccer View Post
    Glenn Hoddle : "There isn’t a player of his mould anywhere else in the world."

    Terry Venables : "He’s the best one- or two-touch passer in the country. He sees the game unlike any other player."

    Alan Shearer : "If you ask footballers to pick out the player they most admire, so many of them will pick Paul Scholes. He can tackle, and his passing and shooting is of the highest level. He’s the most consistent and naturally gifted player we’ve had for a long, long time."

    Eidur Gudjohnsen : "I'm more an admirer of Paul Scholes than I am of Ronaldo. Ronaldo is a fantastic player, but he has 10 other great players around him every week...Scholes is one of the most complete footballers I've ever seen. His one-touch play is phenomenal. Whenever I have played against him, I never felt I could get close to him."

    Edgar Davids : ""Every one of us (midfielders) is just trying to become as good as him. Everyone can learn from Paul Scholes."

    Edgar Davids : "I'm not the best, Paul Scholes is."

    Tony Adams : "I really rate Paul Scholes, because he hasn't got the high profile of many of the Manchester United players, he doesn't get too much attention, but he is one very good player. He is an intelligent player, he works hard and he scores some great goals. He is not flamboyant and is a quiet lad off the pitch but he is a tremendous asset to Manchester United and to England. He has already got my vote as player of the year."

    Cesc Fabregas : "He is the one whose level I aspire to. He is the best player in the Premier League."

    Patrick Vieira : "The player in the Premiership I admire most? Easy - Scholes."

    Thierry Henry : "I can't understand why Scholes has never won the player of the year award. He should have won it long ago. Maybe it's because he doesn't seek the limelight like some of the other 'stars'."

    Zinedine Zidane : "My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder."

    Zinedine Zidane : "Scholes is undoubtedly the best midfielder of his generation."

    Sam Allardyce : "There is not a better midfield player in the world."

    Kevin Keegan : "What United have got that Chelsea haven't is Paul Scholes. I think he is different to anything else in English football."

    Marcello Lippi : "Paul Scholes would have been one of my first choices for putting together a great team - that goes to show how highly I have always rated him. Scholes is a player I have always liked, because he combines great talent and technical ability with mobility, determination and a superb shot. He is an all-round midfielder who possesses character and quality in abundance. In my opinion, he's been one of the most important players for United under Sir Alex."

    Ray Wilkins : "I'm saddened because I think we as spectators, not only in this country but right through out Europe and the rest of the World, will be missing one hell of a footballer."

    Gordon Strachan : "Paul Scholes has been the best England midfield player for 30-odd years. You'd probably have to go back to Bobby Charlton to find someone who could do as much as Scholes. When the ball arrives at his feet he could tell you where every player on that pitch is at that moment. His awareness is superb."

    Veron while at Chelsea being asked in an interview who's the best english player : "Paul Scholes."

    Peter Schmeichel : "People say he is a great player, but you have to define what a great player is, For me, it is a player who has a bottom level that means his worst performance is not noticed.If he is having a bad game, a team-mate might feel Paul Scholes is not quite on his game, but a spectator wouldn't notice. Scholes, of all the players I have played with, has the highest bottom level. His reading of the game is unsurpassed.He has an eye for a pass, for what the play or the game needs at that precise moment, that I have never seen anyone else have. He controls and distributes the play and the game better than anyone I have ever seen."

    Laurent Blanc : "Scholes is the best English player. Intelligence, technique, strength... all the attributes are there. At Manchester United I saw what he could do on the training field. Phew!"

    David Beckham said that, among his teammates at Real Madrid, which included Zinedine Zidane, Raúl, Ronaldo, Luís Figo and Roberto Carlos, Scholes was the most admired opponent : "He's always one of those people others talk about. Even playing at Real Madrid, the players always say to me 'what's he like'? They respect him as a footballer, and to have that respect from some of those players is great
    key words, in england. best player in england. best english players. most respected footballer. most important player.
    compare that to the comments i posted


    and also, all about Laudrup was the best we have EVER seen. while scholes is atm... big big big big big big difference
    "Just because I don't watch La Liga, it doesn't mean I don't know who the players are."
    Someone questions whether Guillem Laporta is a good player.
    "I don't know him.... He'll be another crap player. "
    - VivaUnited


    Rayo

  15. #30
    Fireman Sam
    silky_soccer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,070
    Zinedine Zidane : "My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder."

    Zinedine Zidane : "Scholes is undoubtedly the best midfielder of his generation."

    Edgar Davids : ""Every one of us (midfielders) is just trying to become as good as him. Everyone can learn from Paul Scholes."

    Edgar Davids : "I'm not the best, Paul Scholes is."


    Marcello Lippi : "Paul Scholes would have been one of my first choices for putting together a great team - that goes to show how highly I have always rated him. Scholes is a player I have always liked, because he combines great talent and technical ability with mobility, determination and a superb shot. He is an all-round midfielder who possesses character and quality in abundance. In my opinion, he's been one of the most important players for United under Sir Alex."

    my point is quotes dont mean shit
    "Paul Scholes - The Boy With Red Hair and a Red Shirt" -

Tags for this Thread