Everton

PaCmAn

So Deulofeu went on loan to Everton to be a bench warmer? Whole idea of this loan was so that he can get some minutes and hopefully come back a better player @Barça?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
So Deulofeu went on loan to Everton to be a bench warmer? Whole idea of this loan was so that he can get some minutes and hopefully come back a better player @Barça?
If he can't earn a first team spot in Everton, managed by a Catalan guy, forget him ever earning it in our team!

Banana-Rama

everton don't have an obligation to pick him just because he comes from barcelona, if he's good enough he'll get games, if not he'll sit on the bench. it is a strange place for him to go on loan to, everton are a top 6 team in a physically demanding league, it won't be easy for a foreign youngster on loan to become a starter there. he probably should of gone to a la liga cannon fodder team instead where he would play every week, he probably won't get more then a handful of appearances at everton and most of them as a sub, barca fans expecting to see a lot of him at everton will be dissapointed...

Last edited:

Galning

Am I the only one that things that it's good he's sitting on the bench these first couple of games? This way he realises that he won't walk into any team, something he probably thinks he could easily do. He needs to learn that there's a lot of competition in football even at smaller clubs like Everton. He wouldn't be the first wonderkid who thinks he's all that only to end up in some poor league.

Hopefully he'll get his chance once the season progresses. I wasn't expecting him to be a starter from day 1 to be honest.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Am I the only one that things that it's good he's sitting on the bench these first couple of games? This way he realises that he won't walk into any team, something he probably thinks he could easily do. He needs to learn that there's a lot of competition in football even at smaller clubs like Everton. He wouldn't be the first wonderkid who thinks he's all that only to end up in some poor league.

Hopefully he'll get his chance once the season progresses. I wasn't expecting him to be a starter from day 1 to be honest.

I understand the value of teaching him humility and hard work earns his playing time, but I feel like learning to change/adapt his behavior and style on the pitch is more important and will ultimately help him fix his mentality and develop as a player. We only have one season for this loan deal, and in that time the main goal is to knock him off the stray path he's on right now and get him on the road to becoming the phenom that he's capable of being.

Ample playing time will teach him the value of teamplay on the pitch, it'll teach him how to take on defenders or adjust to get the best out of himself, and most importantly it'll make him a smarter and more beneficial player. I'd prefer doing it this way because then he learns the lessons on his own and fixes himself in real situations from his own thought process and development, whereas Martinez withholding his chance at experience is a bad attempt to manually teach him which doesn't work as well.

He'll learn the lesson of not having everything handed to him when he comes back to Barca and fights for his spot, but at Everton the aim should be to get him to flourish and grow with what is handed to him. He needs to gain that experience as soon and as often as possible to catch him up, and that means getting him to forcibly-adapt by throwing him up against superior players. He shouldn't be a starter from day one, but honestly he should've gotten some substitute appearances and chances to earn trust and move forward.

Jenks

Everton signed him for their benefit though, not his. Martinez is a new manager under a lot of pressure, he's not going to take big risks for the sake of developing someone else's player. If he proves himself in training though I'm sure he'll get his chance.

Unbiased United

Everton aren't messing around with their summer spending it seems. If a couple of the bigger five or so teams aren't on top form next season, they could well sneak into the Champions League places.

A few of their fans got a bit cocky last season but I like them as a club overall so wouldn't mind seeing them do well.

MVBarcaFan

Hoping for a top 4 finish for this Everton. Joy to watch, especially Barkley. Martinez is very likeable as a coach.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Everton Football Club forward Steven Naismith has bought tickets for his club's home games to donate to the unemployed in Liverpool. He said he hoped the gift would "bring joy to many people".

The people's club :worthy:

Unbiased United

Everton Football Club forward Steven Naismith has bought tickets for his club's home games to donate to the unemployed in Liverpool. He said he hoped the gift would "bring joy to many people".

The people's club :worthy:

He must have bought a lot of tickets then.... :mou:

El Flaco

Unfortunaly, Roberto Martinez makes himself a fool.

Roberto Martinez believes that there is no better technical English player than Tom Cleverley, as Everton’s manager challenged the former Manchester United player to score the 10 goals a season that can make him “one of the most sensational players in Premier League history”.
¨

“I think you do not have a better English player. Technically, he is as good as you get. The way he executes, how he reads the game, for me he is one of the most sensational you are going to see in Premier League history.

“I wouldn’t sell him for any money in the current market. I want to see him go from strength to strength because I know there is so much more to come.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...hails-Evertons-sensational-Tom-Cleverley.html

Gareth Barry is one of those players that gets underrated,' Martinez said. 'For me the big reason why we have so many effective young players is there are leaders in the mould of Gareth Barry.

'I have never seen a player with the incredible professionalism, standards and so level-headed as Gareth Barry. For me he is one of the best English players ever. He could end up with 600 Premier League appearances this season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ton-Roberto-Martinez-Capital-One-Cup-win.html

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Galning

Tom Cleverly was also deemed better than Xavi by United fans a few years ago.

That said both him and Barry are poor players and indeed lol-worthy.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
f6fc8502141682811622085187_700wa_0.gif

Home of Barca Fans