Raphael Varane

El Flaco

Varane on when he turned down Mourinho's offer to join him at Manchester United

"Of course it's flattering. Manchester United are a very big club. But from the moment when Madrid and I are in sync on my project, there's no questions to ask yourself.

"I have always said I feel good in Madrid. It's not easy to say 'No' to Jose Mourinho, but you have to weigh up the pros and the cons. We're men, we have decisions to make and that's how it is."

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2943952...turn-down-manchester-united-and-jose-mourinho

CuleLife4Life

Players don't peak at 20, and development isn't a straight line. He'll be back to being top class before long.

Pepe is at that age where he ould start to decline at any random month and that'll be it for him. Varane will be ok as long as he waits a bit. Plus with Zidane being french, I'm sure he'll probably hand that starting spot over to him sooner rather than later.

Trickykid

What do you mean already 23? Guy's been playing as a centre half for RM since he was 18, put some respeck on his name.

Still no quite sure why I should respect this guy so fiercely. Yet another mediocre performance tonight to the list. Zidane will most likely bench him as soon as Pepe is fit again.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Future France and Real Madrid captain.

He is fantastic and defenders do not become consistent until 25 or so, he still has three more years to go.

Varane is in the stage of his career where he will make more and more mistakes until he is about 24 or 25. The longer they play, the more pressure is exerted on him, the more tired he gets and the bigger the games get the more he will make mistakes, which is natural for defenders.

He is refining his skill and gaining experience, experiences will differ especially when formations change, the opposition changes, when the rest of the team flops, he will be more exposed. He has exceptional talent but he needs to keep cool. For his height and all, I feel he has poor upper body strength, kind of like Pique.

He is going through the phase i expected.

El Flaco

Varane's goal vs. Sporting Clube de Portugal

[gfy]WaryPracticalIndigobunting[/gfy]

[gfy]BlackandwhiteCleverHyena[/gfy]

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He has amazing physique and he can read the play quite well but his inexperience shows in games like this. Sure, Arda's foul was stupid but Varane did the exact same thing and then let Suarez score.

Morten

Varane has been quite good this season, and for once he havent had a serious injury. I hope he is over his injury-problems and can fulfull his potential.

Home of Barca Fans