Raphael Varane

Trickykid

It's pretty crazy how Raphael the deserved Ballon d'or winner Varane has collapsed under the tutelage of Lopetegui.

El Gato

Villarato!
It's pretty crazy how Raphael the deserved Ballon d'or winner Varane has collapsed under the tutelage of Lopetegui.

Hasn't really. Was the only CB this season cleaning up the mess left by Ramos and Nacho most times. Tonight was anomalously high level of fuckery from the whole team and then he pulled his groin.

Trickykid

Hasn't really. Was the only CB this season cleaning up the mess left by Ramos and Nacho most times. Tonight was anomalously high level of fuckery from the whole team and then he pulled his groin.

Nah, he's been severely blunder prone all season.

El Gato

Villarato!
Nah, he's been severely blunder prone all season.

Nah, not really. One bad game in SuperCup straight after the WC without much of a preseason. Ramos and Marcelo played the saboteurs in Seville, then Kroos bad backpass against CSKA, then Alaves corner and can't even remember what happened at Levante right now. Mostly other players anyway. He's pretty good compared to what happens to the defense when Nacho has to fill in this year. But then again, none of the defenders should get a pass for the state of things as they are right now so I guess I can go with some criticism.

Trickykid

Nah, not really. One bad game in SuperCup straight after the WC without much of a preseason. Ramos and Marcelo played the saboteurs in Seville, then Kroos bad backpass against CSKA, then Alaves corner and can't even remember what happened at Levante right now. Mostly other players anyway. He's pretty good compared to what happens to the defense when Nacho has to fill in this year. But then again, none of the defenders should get a pass for the state of things as they are right now so I guess I can go with some criticism.

Granted, I haven't watched all your games but when I have, he's looked a calamity.

About that Levante game you don't remember; he was at fault for the first goal and I'm pretty sure he caused a penalty as well, unless I'm mistaken.

El Gato

Villarato!
Granted, I haven't watched all your games but when I have, he's looked a calamity.

About that Levante game you don't remember; he was at fault for the first goal and I'm pretty sure he caused a penalty as well, unless I'm mistaken.

Yh, every defender bar maybe Carvajal who is in and out with injuries is playing like crap at the back for the past 2 months. By domino effect Varane may be making stupid mistakes lately as well. I'd still not single him out here. I know it might make for a 'cooler' observation than saying Ramos and/or Marcelo have gone full retard, because that's something we know they're capable of.

khaled_a_d

It is weird really, this guy could have been an all time great (and time is still beside him in that regard)
His physical tools is just insane, talent is there too. But focus has been huge issue for him

El Gato

Villarato!
Hot take - he has peaked and is in free fall.

If we were doing deals today, no doubt he'd be sold by majority of the fanbase.

Home of Barca Fans