Records to beat - Leo Messi

Linux-Freak

Gerd Muller scored 41 goals in 34 games for Bayern in (Regionalliga Süd) in 1964-65.
Total: 573 goals in 616 games between 1964 and 1979.
===> So its 532 goals in 582 official games at Bayern's 1st team?

No, it was Bayern's first team that played in Regionalliga Süd in 1964-65. They only got promoted to Bundesliga in 1965, together with Borussia Mönchengladbach btw.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Only 61 goals to go to equal Zarra's 251 goal La Liga record.

The rate Leo is scoring he'll equal that in a season and a half from now.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
In the coming season or two, statisticians will be at a loss for what new records Messi can shatter as well...as he will likely own most of them

Perhaps I'm in the minority but I'm not all that consumed with these records...They make for a healthy resume but could any stats really reflect the sort of player Messi is?...That photo from the Benfica match alone says a lot more than most stats can

He's unique and even when he owns most if not all the records one day, his name in the history books will never give you an idea of what sort of player he was on the pitch...I imagine that's why enthusiasts the world over simply want to watch him everytime he steps onto the pitch to see what he will do next...Seeing an artist like that in real time can never be expressed accurately or vividly enough in stats or words

Pure joy

152759-lionel-messi.jpg

raskolnikov

The most important records he will break within the next 18 months if he continues like this:

-La liga alltime topscorer
-All time topscorer cl
-All time Barcelona topscorer (including friendlies)
-Barcelona topscorer in liga games (will be very soon, possibly tomorrow)

He would be a 26 year old who have won everything with his club has 350+ goals and holds a sick ammount of records right before the world cup.
Its insane actually.

Dan1983

It is insane just how good he is. He is in my opinion already the greatest player the game has ever seen.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
It is insane just how good he is. He is in my opinion already the greatest player the game has ever seen.

Depends, all my grandfathers say it was Pele, Garrincha or Di Stefano, my uncles and dad say it was either Cruyff, Maradona or Best, people these days say Zidane, Messi or Ronaldo. Depends who you saw play.

Dan1983

For me it was Zidane until Messi started scoring goals for fun in the past 4 years.

Daemul

Yeah, Zidane was awesome. I have a soft spot for Ronaldinho though, most skillful player I have ever seen, the things he could do with the ball were just stunning. He has gotten back into shape now, but he's not the same anymore :cry:

But man, he would still rip defenders in the CL for fun right now.

F

Flavia

Depends, all my grandfathers say it was Pele, Garrincha or Di Stefano, my uncles and dad say it was either Cruyff, Maradona or Best, people these days say Zidane, Messi or Ronaldo. Depends who you saw play.
There's a lot of people who saw pele, cruyff, maradona, zidane and ronaldo, and most of them say Messi.

Daemul

There's a lot of people who saw pele, cruyff, maradona, zidane and ronaldo, and most of them say Messi.

No, not from what I've seen, those who saw all of them say Messi either has to win a WC or do something revolutionary in the world of football like Cruyff before he can even be considered as the best of all time.

F

Flavia

No, not from what I've seen, those who saw all of them say Messi either has to win a WC or do something revolutionary in the world of football like Cruyff before he can even be considered as the best of all time.
The only ones I've seen say that are brazilians, like Pele himself.

Daemul

The only ones I've seen say that are brazilians, like Pele himself.

No man, Europe is full of people who think like that, but its split, some people say Messi needs a WC others say he doesn't. My opinion? I'm the best player of all time, but that's a bandwagon of one :lol:

Home of Barca Fans