2011-2012 CL Final: Bayern - Chelsea

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Rumour is that Kroos, Contento, Tymoshuk and Robben all were scared of taking the penalty. The latter you can understand and Tymo and Contento have not played enough. Olic took Tymos penalty kick, apparently Muller was screaming at Tymoshuk to take the penalty kick. Also Neuer was meant to take the last penalty kick. It seems like Bayern had lost the shoot out before the first kick.
Well, Tymoshuk is 31, ukrainian captain and a very experienced player, already leading Zenith St. Petersburg to the UEFA cup win. He also has a pretty decent shot. Very questionable for such a player to chicken out.

But it was certainly the pressure and the lack of confidence - after several losses to Dortmund this season incl. the trashing just a week ago - that played a major part in Bayerns defeat.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Any winner is the deserved winner, simple as this. So get over it, and the EPL has a MUCH better representation than La Liga in the Champions League. Five teams won it, whereas the La Liga teams in the distant and recent history have an incredibly shit job at top level. Two representatives? Such a farce for the best league in the world. Tho, they are pretty good in the lower European competition, which was a lot more exciting than the CL.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Ah, bitterness has never been so sweet.

Anybody would be proud of their team for winning a CL. At the end of the day Di Matteo knew the teams limitations and pretty much got the team to play in a way that best suits the players at his disposal. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with that. I hate teams parking against Chelsea but what are they meant to do in a situation like that where they are a far inferior side? I mean we aren't far inferior to Bayern overall but with 3 key players missing in the final there was little we could do to be honest. We had a plan, we stuck to it, it almost came undone, we got ourselves back into it and we finally got the win we've been craving for years.

End of story.

Dude, just enjoy it. Congratulations. I really dislike Chelsea and that captain of yours I wish he vanishes into irrelevance and becomes a nobody but congratulations many times over. Didier, Cech, Ramires, A Cole, and especially Lampard, Malouda all deserve it. A lot. They remained at the club, they stuck through the thick and thin and made it happen. I am happy for our own boy Juan Mata who actually made a career and name for himself. I hated that he fucked off but he did the right thing I suppose, and there, it paid off. Happy for him.

Dabid Luiz the clown deserves it too, just for being a clown.

But most of all, you deserve it the most. :)

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
In what way was that a football lesson? Did they teach us, that you can be just bad in almost every aspect of the game (leaving out scoring from corners and saving penalty shots) and still win?

In that, no matter how shit you are, you do not choke. In that, when you have one chance, you better make it count, stand up proud Drogba. In that, being a pretty boy with a touch of a rapist won't count, stand up Mario. In that, Chelsea's campaign is not only this match, but Napoli's, as well as Barcelona's.

They never crumbled, time and time again they were undone, but never had a moment of doubt. They over turned a 1-3 deficit and won 4-1 at home. In that for their none existing offensive game and terrible defensive game they still won the damn thing.

Good. For. Them. Bayern were in this very exact same situation in 1999, had NO excuse in not finishing this one off. You cannot take things for granted like Barcelona, you cannot stop playing before the final whistle is blown. You think throwing away games like Bayern did against Dortmund was going to work? LOL!

There is a lot to be learned from this, and it is all about mentality, all pretty well summed up by trusting a big time loser in Robben. Ribery won the penalty, Robben missed and missed, yet guess who stepped up? Robben!

I dislike Chelsea a lot, but you cannot take this win away from them, AT ALL.

FulhamRoad

Chelsea fan in peace.

First of all, even the biggest fans of the club would not call Chelsea 'the best club in the world'. We are calling ourselves 'Champions of Europe', which is factual and simply an amazing feeling for us having come so close on five or six occasions. British media wouldn't dream of calling us 'the best team in the world'. That tag would still apply to either yourselves or your rivals in Madrid.

In an ideal world, I'd like to see Chelsea play more attractive football but this isn't the top of my priorities. Right at the top is getting the job done, bringing the trophy home. All RDM did was apply the tactics best suited to the players he had at his disposal and best suited for the occasion and opposition. To beat Bayern and Barcelona with the players we have, we have to play deep, defensive, high pressure football that are extremely accurate when they get the opportunity to shoot. Those tactics worked, ultimately. Of course there was a degree of luck as well, which helped, but name me won team that has won the Champions League or European Cup without some luck?

I feel that as you see personnel changed, you'll see us start to play more attacking football again, which is what I would like to see. It has to be effective, though. Winning is more important than style in my view.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Chelsea fan in peace.

First of all, even the biggest fans of the club would not call Chelsea 'the best club in the world'. We are calling ourselves 'Champions of Europe', which is factual and simply an amazing feeling for us having come so close on five or six occasions. British media wouldn't dream of calling us 'the best team in the world'. That tag would still apply to either yourselves or your rivals in Madrid.

In an ideal world, I'd like to see Chelsea play more attractive football but this isn't the top of my priorities. Right at the top is getting the job done, bringing the trophy home. All RDM did was apply the tactics best suited to the players he had at his disposal and best suited for the occasion and opposition. To beat Bayern and Barcelona with the players we have, we have to play deep, defensive, high pressure football that are extremely accurate when they get the opportunity to shoot. Those tactics worked, ultimately. Of course there was a degree of luck as well, which helped, but name me won team that has won the Champions League or European Cup without some luck?

I feel that as you see personnel changed, you'll see us start to play more attacking football again, which is what I would like to see. It has to be effective, though. Winning is more important than style in my view.
Which trophy?You've never won the CL before remember.

Last edited:

FulhamRoad

Which trophy?You've never won the CL before remember.

Which makes it so much more sweeter for us than it would if we had won it before (followed the club through many fruitless years, a long time before we could even dream of playing the likes of Barcelona).

Nah, by home I meant we brought the trophy to our home, not that the trophy lives at Stamford Bridge. I thought my post would have made that clear.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Dude, just enjoy it. Congratulations. I really dislike Chelsea and that captain of yours I wish he vanishes into irrelevance and becomes a nobody but congratulations many times over. Didier, Cech, Ramires, A Cole, and especially Lampard, Malouda all deserve it. A lot. They remained at the club, they stuck through the thick and thin and made it happen. I am happy for our own boy Juan Mata who actually made a career and name for himself. I hated that he fucked off but he did the right thing I suppose, and there, it paid off. Happy for him.

Dabid Luiz the clown deserves it too, just for being a clown.

But most of all, you deserve it the most. :)
I am enjoying it, don't you worry. Me defending my team isn't me getting annoyed or it killing my buzz, I want to defend them. The best time to defend them is after our ultimate triumph. :D

Home of Barca Fans