2011-2012 CL Final: Bayern - Chelsea

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanx.
Chelsea look to be in a worse position.

Bayern are favorites but Chelsea are more experienced. Should be an interesting final and hopefully the Bavarians win.

B

barcelonista

Chelsea will win. Inter - Bayern 2010 all over again.

Jenks

It's funny really, the last time Chelsea got to the CL final they were playing for an interim manager too.

Der Kaiser

Stupid rule... Chelsea got it worse. Alaba will be replaced by Lahm, who´s RB position will be filled in by Rafinha. Badstuber´s replacement can be either Van Buyten or Tymoshchuk. I´d hate to see either of them playing in an important match, let alone a CL final!

B

barcelonista

Badstuber´s replacement can be either Van Buyten or Tymoshchuk. I´d hate to see either of them playing in an important match, let alone a CL final!

Maybe Bayern will go 3-4-3. Should ask Pep for advise. :pep:

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
I really think the rule should be changed, all cards/suspensions should be wiped for the final IMO.

People want to see each team at their best face-off, especially when a Champions League Trophy is at stake

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Go uhh, somebody.

Bayern should walk this one, but who knows, Chelsea has been crafty. Won't be watching either way.

Ender

I really think the rule should be changed, all cards/suspensions should be wiped for the final IMO.

People want to see each team at their best face-off, especially when a Champions League Trophy is at stake
It's tricky. If a team is leading in a semi-final match, they would not hesitate to make one-and-done reckless fouls, as the risk of missing the final is not a problem. Each player would essentially have one foul to give.

I really hope Bayern destroys Chelsea.

ricknattery

That would be an advantage for teams like Chelsea or Madrid which decide to not play football and just defend. They'd get a chance for a reckless foul going basically unpunished
Rule seems fair to me. If you needed to make a desperate foul to make it to the final you should get penalized for that

Manuel Traquete

Bayern hopefully.

One of the greatest clubs in European football history vs a club which became relevant in Europe thanks to oil money

Attacking/possession football vs defensive/parking the bus football

Only big club in Europe operating on a profit every year vs club with unlimited amount of debts covered off by a billionaire.

A win for Bayern will be a win for football.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Go uhh, somebody.

Bayern should walk this one, but who knows, Chelsea has been crafty. Won't be watching either way.

This is hilarious. Come on, do not be so bitter about this. You have to watch either the English tabloids will ruin riots, or the Germans slap us across the face and cement their authority for that 4th spot, in place of our beloved Serie A.

Home of Barca Fans