User Tag List

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 CL Final: Bayern - Chelsea

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2011-2012 CL Final: Bayern - Chelsea

Can anyone post suspended players?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suspended for the final:

Chelsea: Meireles, Ramirez, Terry, Ivanovic

Bayern: Alaba, Badstuber, Gustavo
    Alexis Defense League

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx.
    Chelsea look to be in a worse position.

Bayern are favorites but Chelsea are more experienced. Should be an interesting final and hopefully the Bavarians win.

barcelonista
    Chelsea will win. Inter - Bayern 2010 all over again.

Hoy, maņana y siempre traductor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't see Bayern losing this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny really, the last time Chelsea got to the CL final they were playing for an interim manager too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stupid rule... Chelsea got it worse. Alaba will be replaced by Lahm, whoīs RB position will be filled in by Rafinha. Badstuberīs replacement can be either Van Buyten or Tymoshchuk. Iīd hate to see either of them playing in an important match, let alone a CL final!
    Member of 1. FSV Mainz 05.
    Supporter of FC Barcelona and Hertha BSC Berlin.

barcelonista
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Badstuberīs replacement can be either Van Buyten or Tymoshchuk. Iīd hate to see either of them playing in an important match, let alone a CL final!
    Maybe Bayern will go 3-4-3. Should ask Pep for advise.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barcelonista View Post
    Chelsea will win. Inter - Bayern 2010 all over again.
    I'm sure they'll be wary of playing that attacking again.

Shukran Pep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really think the rule should be changed, all cards/suspensions should be wiped for the final IMO.

People want to see each team at their best face-off, especially when a Champions League Trophy is at stake
    Alfredo Di Stéfano, Real Madrid's greatest ever player and the honorary president, spoke out. "Barcelona's football was simply brilliant," he said in his weekly column. "Their superiority was there for the whole planet to see: the whites were cornered all game. Barcelona play football and dance. They treat the ball with adoration and respect, almost nurturing it. To see this team in action is a delight."

Legion of Doooom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go uhh, somebody.

Bayern should walk this one, but who knows, Chelsea has been crafty. Won't be watching either way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catalonian Devil View Post
    I really think the rule should be changed, all cards/suspensions should be wiped for the final IMO.

People want to see each team at their best face-off, especially when a Champions League Trophy is at stake
    It's tricky. If a team is leading in a semi-final match, they would not hesitate to make one-and-done reckless fouls, as the risk of missing the final is not a problem. Each player would essentially have one foul to give.

I really hope Bayern destroys Chelsea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catalonian Devil View Post

That would be an advantage for teams like Chelsea or Madrid which decide to not play football and just defend. They'd get a chance for a reckless foul going basically unpunished
    Rule seems fair to me. If you needed to make a desperate foul to make it to the final you should get penalized for that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bayern hopefully.

One of the greatest clubs in European football history vs a club which became relevant in Europe thanks to oil money

Attacking/possession football vs defensive/parking the bus football

Only big club in Europe operating on a profit every year vs club with unlimited amount of debts covered off by a billionaire.

A win for Bayern will be a win for football.
    "I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilā, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi Hernandez

Dr. Raed St. Claire
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by La Furia View Post
    Go uhh, somebody.

Bayern should walk this one, but who knows, Chelsea has been crafty. Won't be watching either way.
    This is hilarious. Come on, do not be so bitter about this. You have to watch either the English tabloids will ruin riots, or the Germans slap us across the face and cement their authority for that 4th spot, in place of our beloved Serie A.
    May permanent peace be brought to the Arab world. My heart goes out to the families of those who have lost loved one(s). I wish and hope those who are creating religious, racial, regional, and tribal divisions among/within the Arab nations would be defeated in their quest for the destruction of the Middle East.