David Alaba

KingLeo10

Please sign him. I don't know why the board is allergic to established stars and instead obsessed with bums from mid table LL.

Him and Thiago for a small fee would immensely improve us.

George_Costanza

Please sign him. I don't know why the board is allergic to established stars and instead obsessed with bums from mid table LL.

Him and Thiago for a small fee would immensely improve us.

Realistically we can pay 60-70m for both, This is a rare opportunity, instead, we are chasing Lautaro Martinez or Abidal is looking for another French.

Jay Jay

Alaba and Thiago would be perfect transfer window. And then, next summer we should sell/give Suarez, Pique and Busquets and bring Konate/Upamecano and Haaland.

And btw. Alaba is better and more versatile version of Sergi Roberto.

Last edited:

Trafalgar

He's exactly what we need : can play LB-CB-DM, fast af, can pass, decent defensively and hasn't had any major injuries the last couple of years ...

mc_lovin

Alaba-De Jong-Pjanic would be saucy

I vaguely remember Alaba in midfield for Pep and he was more like Roberto than actually great? That being said, he would be nice for depth. But it would be more like him vs Lenglet (unnecessary) and Alba (I would welcome that).

behindbrowneyes

Probably the best transfer we could make this summer tbf.

Alaba-De Jong-Pjanic would be saucy

Playing in midfield always has been his unfulfilled dream. As an Austrian I can say he tried it often in the national team, but he isn't at the same level than he is in defense. As a midfielder Alaba is not good enough for a top team, while he would be great as a CB or LB. Something like Abidal back then.

MTL_Barca

Never found Alaba particularly impressive in midfield and i think there is a reason he only ever constantly played there for the NT. Pep had him and Lahm play in some kind of fullback/CM hybrid role what was interesting but i don't think that's really comparable.

The last couple of seasons on LB also weren't that amazing imo, maybe partly because Ribery wasn't by his side anymore all the time but i felt like his level dropped. Also got his fair share of criticism by Bayern fans for that. Still very good though, just not best of best like in his best form.

CB he was really good even though i think he isn't that outstanding when it comes to defensive skills, his selling point is more his passing i'd say so maybe not the right guy to stabilize a shaky defense. He'd also compete with Lenglet what wouldn't be ideal for the squad.

Overall he's still great due to his versatility. Somewhat of an even more versatile and generally better version of Sergi Roberto. If we talk a starting spot it should probably be still LB. I mean our midfield could use fresh blood as well but idk if Alaba would be ideal there as a fixed starter next. Even though they would all be a bit too similar i'd still take Thiago over Alaba there any day of the week if we're talking Bayern players.

Still great and versatile player but it also depends what his conditions to sign are. At some point the club has to stop handing out fat contracts and safe starting spots so if that's what he's after then maybe it's better to not bother with it. If not then he'd be a no-brainer due to his contract situation.

Last edited:

Kul_z

Both thiago and alaba contracts expire next summer. For both parties involved(bayern and barca) it would be best just to swap coutinho for both of them. Lmao, too good to be true.

Home of Barca Fans