David Alaba

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yes please! Perfect summer. Although after Pjanic is Thiago necessary?

I'm always in favour of adding quality to the midfield. Loan out Pedri for a season or two to the right team.

Having a good bench and top class competition leads to better performances over the season.

mc_lovin

Didnt Alaba want to play in midfield under Pep? Could be decent option as a box to box player as well (+CB +LB). He would make a ton of sense as a squad player, but no idea if he would be content with being a nanny for everything. With high profile players like him I guess they expect a safe and well defined first team position.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Didnt Alaba want to play in midfield under Pep? Could be decent option as a box to box player as well (+CB +LB). He would make a ton of sense as a squad player, but no idea if he would be content with being a nanny for everything. With high profile players like him I guess they expect a safe and well defined first team position.

I primarily want him to bench the prick we got at LB and be an emergency CB option. Alba is only good at one thing. Cut backs to Messi and teams have been shutting that off more than ever this season.

MTL_Barca

Well tbf there are reports that he demands a huge salary so not that easy to afford, especially for Barca with the already way too inflated wages.

FC433

^
+ his demands would be a bit more than usual since he is 28 and that would be his last top-tier contract. Not worth it, I believe.

Porque

If Firpo is going and Umtiti is going (loan or sale) then Alaba for the two is an improvement. He can play LB, CB and even midfield. Left footed Roberto basically and the type of player we would like in the Pep years to keep a small versatile squad. Not current day Pep obviously who is playing FM touch with live bodies.

Yannik

BILD: The Alaba dilemma

- Talks with Bayern over a new contract are not advancing due to his salary demands: He wants over €20m/year

- His desired clubs (Real & Barca) cannot pay for him this summer

- He doesn't want to go to the clubs that can pay (City, Chelsea, PSG)

KingLeo10

BILD: The Alaba dilemma

- Talks with Bayern over a new contract are not advancing due to his salary demands: He wants over ?20m/year

- His desired clubs (Real & Barca) cannot pay for him this summer

- He doesn't want to go to the clubs that can pay (City, Chelsea, PSG)

20 M a year for a LB.

Next joke please.

:lol:

Imagine getting Thiago + Alaba in a package deal for 70m. In stead we are willing to splash that 70m + Firpo on a striker who just has scored 2 times post lockdown.

Life is hard as a cule these days.

Home of Barca Fans