David Alaba

kattanib

Some news circulating that Alaba wants to move to Barca but it might be a difficult situation given that Bayern will push for Dembele to be part of the deal

LABarcaFan

We need as a Jordi's back-up younger player, who can eventually take over at some point this season. Alaba is 27 y.o. and his resume is very rich, but so is his market value - 55 mil euros. If we open a talk for a deal, Bayern would like to get Dembele included. So it looks like this won't work. Better option will be Junior Firpo, who is just 22 y.o. and play very well for Real Betis.

xXKonan

MD doubling down with the Alaba nonsense.

Same guys, that consider paying 25 Million for Firpo "Too Much" But somehow Alaba is reasonable? :lol: The idea of "Well his contract expires in 2021 that means Bayern has to sell him for cheap!" I highly doubt that is going to happen and I doubt Alaba will accept being benched by Alba.

LMTR14

Alaba shouldn't even be considered, he has bad mentality and delusions of grandeur when playing for the Austrian national team (he wants to play as an offensive midfielder where his performances are mostly lackluster to bad). Also he has only ever played for Bayern and I doubt he could fit in easily with a new club, both on and off the pitch.

Porque

Alaba is an amazing solution. He can fill a number of positions very well while being an incredible fullback.

I don't think Bayern would let him go and if they did the price would be too high. I would also love to see us go for someone like Firpo for the future.

But given that Valverde will almost always play Alba, having the versatility of Alaba means he can give rotation to Alba, CB, DMC and even a Vidal option in midfield.

Great squad option really.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Forget about Alaba, Bayern will not sell him. Why we do waste time chasing an unrealistic target like him instead of players like Firpo?

Great point made by Konan. If we can’t even afford 25m plus for Firpor, what makes them think we can afford to buy Alaba, even if he was available?

xXKonan

Forget about Alaba, Bayern will not sell him. Why we do waste time chasing an unrealistic target like him instead of players like Firpo?

Great point made by Konan. If we can’t even afford 25m plus for Firpor, what makes them think we can afford to buy Alaba, even if he was available?
Seems like at least once a summer MD links us with Alaba and it never fails.

I'm sure the club likes him same with Kimmich, but the odds of us ever getting them is so low that it's pointless even writing about it.

MTL_Barca

Alaba is on 2 years so his agent will probably start contract negotiations with Bayern soon. And we all know rumors of joining Barca always lead to a nice raise :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bin Alba and sign him this summer on a four-year contract. We can use him as a LB or a CB as Bayern are doing right now. In certain situations as a CDM too.

Gives Barca some time to look after a long-term, younger LB.

Contract runs out in 2021.

Messigician

He's been garbage since pep left.

Too many people on here don't watch football and wonder why our signings never work out.

Home of Barca Fans