David Alaba

LABarcaFan

Source? Bayern generally don't use release clauses.

Yes. They usually are buyers, not sellers, but Alaba has made it clear that he wants to move to Spain or England. Is that going to happen this summer or next, we don't know, but I doubt Bayern will let him go without any compensation in form of release clause. I am mentioning the source. Read it.

Andresito

Staff member
Yes. They usually are buyers, not sellers, but Alaba has made it clear that he wants to move to Spain or England. Is that going to happen this summer or next, we don't know, but I doubt Bayern will let him go without any compensation in form of release clause. I am mentioning the source. Read it.

Man you really need to sort your conception of what release clause means. If you can't find it on Google it I'll do my best to explain it to you.

Yeah you mentioned Bild, but I want to know what article you're referring to. Or is it taken from Twitter with [bild] at the end of the tweet?

LABarcaFan

Man you really need to sort your conception of what release clause means. If you can't find it on Google it I'll do my best to explain it to you.

Yeah you mentioned Bild, but I want to know what article you're referring to. Or is it taken from Twitter with [bild] at the end of the tweet?

I was surfing the Net to see his contract details and suddenly have seen that article in Bild ( I can't recall the name ) was mentioning that number. But, since I did not find any other source to confirm that, I will assume that there may not be a release clause in his contract. Or at least, not yet.

As we already know, his contract extension ends on 30.06.2021. Alaba has mentioned in several interviews lately that he is willing to continue his career in a top team in La Liga or EPL. As we all know, Barcelona has made several attempts last summer to sign D.Alaba, but without any result. Now. Lets look at this from Bayern prospective. Knowing that without release clause in his contract they will lose him next summer without any compensations, do you really think Bayern will not take any step in that regard? Alaba, Kimmich and Levandowsky are their top players and Karl Heintz Rummenige will do anything possible to keep them there. That means, before the end of his current contract, Alaba will be presented with an extension for another 2-3 years and with better annual salary than the 10 M he makes now. And be sure, that extension will have a buy-out clause. I don't believe that we can steal him this summer from Bayern FOR FREE and just pay him that 10 million euro salary. It won't happen.

What release clause means?

RELEASE CLAUSE OR BUY-OUT CLAUSE LETS YOU BYPASS THE SELLING TEAM AND GO STRAIGHT TO CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS WITH THE PLAYER, AS LONG AS YOU'RE WILLING TO PAY IT. THAT AMOUNT GOES TO THE TEAM WHICH CURRENTLY EMPLOYS THE PLAYER.

MTL_Barca

I was surfing the Net to see his contract details and suddenly have seen that article in Bild ( I can't recall the name ) was mentioning that number. But, since I did not find any other source to confirm that, I will assume that there may not be a release clause in his contract. Or at least, not yet.

As we already know, his contract extension ends on 30.06.2021. Alaba has mentioned in several interviews lately that he is willing to continue his career in a top team in La Liga or EPL. As we all know, Barcelona has made several attempts last summer to sign D.Alaba, but without any result. Now. Lets look at this from Bayern prospective. Knowing that without release clause in his contract they will lose him next summer without any compensations, do you really think Bayern will not take any step in that regard? Alaba, Kimmich and Levandowsky are their top players and Karl Heintz Rummenige will do anything possible to keep them there. That means, before the end of his current contract, Alaba will be presented with an extension for another 2-3 years and with better annual salary than the 10 M he makes now. And be sure, that extension will have a buy-out clause. I don't believe that we can steal him this summer from Bayern FOR FREE and just pay him that 10 million euro salary. It won't happen.

What release clause means?

RELEASE CLAUSE OR BUY-OUT CLAUSE LETS YOU BYPASS THE SELLING TEAM AND GO STRAIGHT TO CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS WITH THE PLAYER, AS LONG AS YOU'RE WILLING TO PAY IT. THAT AMOUNT GOES TO THE TEAM WHICH CURRENTLY EMPLOYS THE PLAYER.

You're use of release/buyout clause still seems very weird in the first part of your post.

Alaba doesn't have a clause like that in his contract, if he doesn't renew until summer Bayern might sell him on a regular transfer.

If he renews then his new contract will most likely not have a clause again, because no Bayern player has one.

Also if we mean the same article BILD just threw that 70M out as a price Chelsea might offer (from January i think) so doesn't say much.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He'll reportedly also not renew his contract which runs out next year. Too bad we've got no money. He would be a great signing tbf as a LB/CB hybrid.

JamDav1982

He'll reportedly also not renew his contract which runs out next year. Too bad we've got no money. He would be a great signing tbf as a LB/CB hybrid.

Barca could afford him next year but they wont want to pay him what he is after and Alba is in the clique so no putting pressure on him.

The new board could back him as a new signing if brave enough to run on a ticket that could upset the amigos.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barca could afford him next year but they wont want to pay him what he is after and Alba is in the clique so no putting pressure on him.

The new board could back him as a new signing if brave enough to run on a ticket that could upset the amigos.

Unfortunately I don't see Bayern letting him run out his contract. So either sold this summer or renew with them.

JamDav1982

Unfortunately I don't see Bayern letting him run out his contract. So either sold this summer or renew with them.

In next seasons squad he could potentially cover CB, LB and CM all of which need numbers but cant see it with Alba there more than not being able to afford him.

More likely renew or EPL... a team like United would be ideal and a very strong side next season if got likes of Alaba and Sancho although not even seen them linked.

Xaviniesta

my dream:
sign him and pogba
sell rakitic, coutinho, dembele, umtiti, vidal

next year's midfield:

alaba - fdj - pogba
bench: pjanic, puig, semi-retired busquets, roberto

we'll have effectively signed two CL-level midfielders about to reach their peaks

Thiago10

I'm probably in no position to judge as I haven't seen him play in a while but he's probably my dream signing for this summer.

As Jamdav said he could cover LB, CB and CM positions, which are all areas of improvement for us.

In fact, a midfield of Alaba-De Jong-Pjanic could be tasty. Looks like decent balance between creativity, stamina and physicality, experience and overall possession control.

That being said, knowing our board, we'll peobably end up getting some rejects like Ndombele or Rabiot.

Home of Barca Fans