David Alaba

Katarina1

Banned
I'm not 100% convinced. His wages are apparently very high, so if we buy him he needs to be a starter.

LB: Alba is probably the amigo with least concern at the moment. Heavily reliant on pace but does his job.
LCB: Lenglet has improved and I don't think Alaba would be that much of an improvement.
CM: I don't think Alaba is good enough to play here regularly for Barca.

Best position for him is probably LB and while I think he'd be very useful, he's not the player he once were.

For the money we are going to spend he's a small upgrade.
With Bartomeu counting every penny Alaba shouldn't be a priority now. Would be a lot different had he been right footed though.

Alaba not much of an improvement on Leng :lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
If we lose Ramos over the money we’re giving him then Perez can honestly fuck off in the next election.

Catta

He hasn't played as LB in 2 years and as a CB he is nothing special. If they lose Ramos because of him, that is a good deal for Barca.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
George Alaba (father David Alaba): "Why are Bar?a still in the race? Pini Zahavi (Alaba's agent) wants to see whether his friend Laporta is elected as president." [sport1]

Right now, Barcelona don't have the money to pay David Alaba's wages, but the sales of certain players can still facilitate the 28-year-old's arrival. [@gerardromero]

El Gato

Villarato!
Like uncle Flo is going to have any competition...

He does actually in the upcoming one, Boluda (previously temporary president after Calderon) is running, otherwise Flo ran unopposed in 2016(?).

Then again it's obviously a non-factor.

As for Alaba, apparently Christian Falk from Bild allegedly a Bayern insider says Alaba agreement with Real is not a thing.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Correct me if i am wrong guys but why Barca and Real are trying to sign Alaba ? I though he is quite bad in defence since a long time beside the second half of last season.

Messi983

George Alaba (father David Alaba): "Why are Bar?a still in the race? Pini Zahavi (Alaba's agent) wants to see whether his friend Laporta is elected as president." [sport1]

Right now, Barcelona don't have the money to pay David Alaba's wages, but the sales of certain players can still facilitate the 28-year-old's arrival. [@gerardromero]

Ojooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

El Gato

Villarato!
Free transfer, and thats about it.

Obviously not just that. He's the only experienced enough option that is worth a gamble in the event we do not renew Ramos, but even then it's patchwork at best. He's a good rotation option, not great as a starter on paper. He might get thrown around positions if we sign him as we really need better 2nd LB, a 2nd DM and a then possibly a CB.

Birdy

If you watched Bayern last season, you know he is fantastic as a LCB. Definitely, a starter for any team that wants to play from the back and have fast CB covering counters.

If he goes to RM (most likely), we will see soon Alaba-RAmos partnership. I bet Varane might be more likely to go (what about those rumours that he wants out?)
The only real problem with him is whether he will have injuries or not

PS: Fabrizio Romano never talks BS. So, i don't see how Barca will be in the race for him at all.
Unfortunately, because he will be ideal to partner with Araujo

El Gato

Villarato!
PS: Fabrizio Romano never talks BS. So, i don't see how Barca will be in the race for him at all.

He doesn't talk BS but he's not 100% bulletproof like say Wojnarowski for NBA is either. He got better over time at not latching onto information passed on by local media without verifying it otherwise. He does get maybe a small % of news wrong on occasion though. Pretty sure he was claiming Benzema had an agreement with one of the Italian clubs a few years back because he heard it off of Di Marzio

Home of Barca Fans