2012-2013 : What is needed ?

0n0mat0p0eia

i love German GK's like M.Neuer .. maybe we can buy Marc-Andre ter Stegen from Gladbach .. he is 20 but not tall .. only 1.85m ..maybe Hugo lloris from lyon but i just do not see us paying big money for a GK.

Love the look of Neuer, but dont think Munich will ever sell him. terStegen is young but only a few cm taller than Valdes.
I ALWAYS remember - with great hurt - Helmuth Duckadam in the 85/86 European cup final. A giant of a keeper at 1.93m, in the days when most were a lot less than 1.90m, he was intimidating and looked massive in the goal. He destroyed us in the penalty shoot-out. Never before have i seen a team set out from the kick-off to defend, defend, defend, almost as if they played for penalties from the start.
You're right tho, we will not pay big money for a keeper.

psychotsek

This may be a sacrilege to some, but here it is:

What about a new goalkeeper for next year? VV is good one-on-one; he is a good shot-stopper. One of my problems with him is his height; based on a good big one is better that a good little one, i would rather we had a 'keeper of 1.90 or more; and his decision making is questionable at times.
Thinking back to the 2 biggest games of the season. Against Real, when Ronaldo runs through, he goes a little wide, AND defenders were getting to him. Valdez made his job easier by coming too far off his line and allowing Ronaldo to shift the ball a little right then EASILY find the net, allowing them to win at the Nou Camp.
Against Chelsea in our home leg, when Ramirez was through, again a little wide, again with defenders getting to him, VV came off his line and allowed Ramirez to scoop the ball over him. If VV had not made such a poor decision to come off his line, or IF he was 6 inches or so bigger he may have reached the running lob.

I, myself, cringe whenever an opposing team get near the goal. VV does not give me confidence that he has the physical capabilities nor the decision-making skills to be a v v good 'keeper.

I like the look of Samir HANDANOVIC. A very tall (1.94m) agile keeper, very good at one on ones and penalties. He is only 27 years old and could play for us for 6/7 years at least. He has just signed a new contract, but Udinese may be persuaded, perhaps with player swaps?
Just an idea. Look at him on youtube.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quRjpoGqOTc

Handanovic is an excellent goalkeeper and should really had gone to a bigger team/league instead of signing a new deal with Udineze.I can't really see him fitting in Barca's game though.We need a fast keeper who can read the game like a libero and pass the ball right.This is why VV has thrived last 5 years.There are so many good keepers in La Liga (Guaita,Alves,Asenjo) to sign before we start looking in other leagues.

Wouterinho

3 good points: he'd have to be world class; wouldnt play a lot; and would cost more than should be payed.

Now that Villa will be back, perhaps with Pedro fit again and back to his best, then the Villa..Messi..Pedro/Sanchez front 3 will be enough, certainly when, IMO, we need a LB and a CB a lot more than a striker i spose.
I just thought that we might be able to get Edin DZEKO from Man City on loan with us paying only his wages, he might want to come to Barca and be on the bench/be used only some of the time, BUT more than at City, as City are looking at other strikers and keeping Tevez.
Just a thought.
Now we're getting somewhere ;)
So let's focus on buying a defender, and afterwards we'll see what we've got left.
If Villa & Pedro get their best form back, we'll have certainly have more scoring options again.

AzaR

40 million for this clown is cheap?

Dont really get the hostility towards Bale on here , seems like a decent enough lad, down to earth and what not. I mean i get that he is worth nowhere near 40 million and on occasions he dives (as do some Barca players though) but still not sure where the hostility comes from. :/

roibarca

Goalkeepers:
Valdes of course must remain.
About Pinto, even though he signed a contract until 2013,we should be looking for a goalkeeper to replace him.
Because next year it is probably his last in Barcelona.

Defenders:
Mascherano had to play only as a midelfider.
Which means that we have two serious central defenders (Puyol and Pique).
Need more serious centrel defender (Thiago Silva is the dream) .
Plus it needs centrel defender fourth, I appreciate Muniesa remained in Barcelona B next year, then Tito's dilemma is between Fontas to Bertra, the other probably will leave.

As right defender, we have Alves, he still one of the best in the world, but he's getting older, Need good young replacement, the main question is whether Tito trust Montoya?
If not, you have to buy someone.

As left defender, Abidal probably will not return to play, so we have to buy a new left defender.
Adriano is a reasonable substitute, but need the car player, Bale is too expensive, Jordi Alba is a good option.

midelfiders:
Nothing to improve on this position, Mascherano and Busquets are quality defensive midelfiders.
In the middle, we have Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc and Thiago, that's enough.
Keita unnecessary and need to leave.

Forwards:
Messi Sanchez and Villa (after cured) should play in the line up next season.
Pedro Cuenca will be replace.
Afellay and Teio unnecessary and should to leave.
need strengthen a young center forward, perhaps to return Bojan, perhaps sign Iker Moniain.

In summary:
Coming:
Look for next year goalkeeper
centrel defender to rotation
Left defender
replace Forward

Leaving:
Bertra / Fontas
Abidal (unfortunately)
Keita
Afellay
Teio

X

xaviniesta

Goalkeepers:
Valdes of course must remain.
About Pinto, even though he signed a contract until 2013,we should be looking for a goalkeeper to replace him.
Because next year it is probably his last in Barcelona.

Defenders:
Mascherano had to play only as a midelfider.
Which means that we have two serious central defenders (Puyol and Pique).
Need more serious centrel defender (Thiago Silva is the dream) .
Plus it needs centrel defender fourth, I appreciate Muniesa remained in Barcelona B next year, then Tito's dilemma is between Fontas to Bertra, the other probably will leave.

As right defender, we have Alves, he still one of the best in the world, but he's getting older, Need good young replacement, the main question is whether Tito trust Montoya?
If not, you have to buy someone.

As left defender, Abidal probably will not return to play, so we have to buy a new left defender.
Adriano is a reasonable substitute, but need the car player, Bale is too expensive, Jordi Alba is a good option.

midelfiders:
Nothing to improve on this position, Mascherano and Busquets are quality defensive midelfiders.
In the middle, we have Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc and Thiago, that's enough.
Keita unnecessary and need to leave.

Forwards:
Messi Sanchez and Villa (after cured) should play in the line up next season.
Pedro Cuenca will be replace.
Afellay and Teio unnecessary and should to leave.
need strengthen a young center forward, perhaps to return Bojan, perhaps sign Iker Moniain.

In summary:
Coming:
Look for next year goalkeeper
centrel defender to rotation
Left defender
replace Forward

Leaving:
Bertra / Fontas
Abidal (unfortunately)
Keita
Afellay
Teio

now turn off your football manager...

also congratulationg for the worst first post ever.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
this is what will happen;

1. Valdés
2. Alves
3. Piqué
4. Cesc
5. Puyol
6. Xavi
7. Alexis
8. Iniesta
9. Thiago
10. Messi
11. Neymar
12. Montoya
13. Pinto
14. Mascherano
15. Bartra
16. Busquets
17. Pedro
18. Alba
19. Tello
20. Afellay
21. Adriano
22. Abidal
23. Cuenca
24. Dos Santos
25. Muniesa

Abidal won't officially retire 'til later, when it's 100% clear he can't return to training.

as for what I'd do, I'd get Bale instead of Alba and I wouldn't sell Villa. probs wouldn't buy Neymar either. I dunno.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé

but everything coming out of Brasil is that Neymar isn't leaving Santos this offseason. ideaological/character issues aside, do you really think he's coming to the Nou Camp, and if so, is he the "missing piece" to help the club be more clinical in front of goal?

I still think that the club should spend money on a great CB and embrace the 3-4-3/3-1-4-2 system going forward.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101

1. Valdés
2. Alves
3. Piqué
4. Cesc
5. Puyol
6. Xavi
7. Alexis
8. Iniesta
9. Thiago
10. Messi
11. Neymar
12. Montoya
13. Pinto
14. Mascherano
15. Bartra
16. Busquets
17. Pedro
18. Alba
19. Tello
20. Afellay
21. Adriano
22. Abidal
23. Cuenca
24. Dos Santos
25. Muniesa

Abidal won't officially retire 'til later, when it's 100% clear he can't return to training.

as for what I'd do, I'd get Bale instead of Alba and I wouldn't sell Villa. probs wouldn't buy Neymar either. I dunno.
Remove JDS, he has no use in the team and it'll just hurt his carreer not playing anything. Muniesa should also be loaned out, IMO (well, him or the better Bartra)

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
but everything coming out of Brasil is that Neymar isn't leaving Santos this offseason. ideaological/character issues aside, do you really think he's coming to the Nou Camp, and if so, is he the "missing piece" to help the club be more clinical in front of goal?

I don't know if you can claim him as a "missing piece" really, but he would be a younger faster more-skilled version of Villa, and that is exactly what we need to add to our front-line (hell, Villa on his own would be fine, and I'd like to keep him, but I feel Neymar will move).

and of course Santos will make noises like this, they're hardly gonna admit they will sell their best player in their centenary year will they?

but I don't think his value will increase from right now, and I don't think they gain from keeping him an extra year, and I think Rosell wants him badly & without Pep around to object, I think he'll try and get him in to make a statement that we are coming to get our Title back.

I still think that the club should spend money on a great CB and embrace the 3-4-3/3-1-4-2 system going forward.

LB/LCB is more important for that.

going straight 343 is as bad as going straight 433. we need tactical flexibility and the ability to switch between either system in the middle of a match without making subs. Abidal allowed us to do that, which is why replacing him is a phenomenally important bit of transfer business and why I prefer Bale to Alba.

great squad expect i dont see us signing neymar. he will be signed to replace villa in 2013

think we'll bring him in now, as I say above.

tho I'd like us to do as you say, and maybe now we won't be able to boost Villa's value with the Euros, we may do just that.

Remove JDS, he has no use in the team and it'll just hurt his carreer not playing anything. Muniesa should also be loaned out, IMO (well, him or the better Bartra)

JDS backs up Busi. he won't play much (I'd expect Thiago to play a bit of pivot at home) but he'll stick around. Tito's new assistant likes him a lot.

as for loaning someone out... no. just no. we don't loan players we want to make something of. it doesn't benefit them to be away from the system.

Last edited:
P

PhilS

1. Valdés
2. Alves
3. Piqué
4. Cesc
5. Puyol
6. Xavi
7. Alexis
8. Iniesta
9. Thiago
10. Messi
11. Neymar
12. Montoya
13. Pinto
14. Mascherano
15. Bartra
16. Busquets
17. Pedro
18. Alba
19. Tello
20. Afellay
21. Adriano
22. Abidal
23. Cuenca
24. Dos Santos
25. Muniesa

QUOTE]
I don't think Barca will have that many players on the roster, and I don't think they will carry 7 players with under 2 years top-level experience. Three of Muniesa, Dos Santos, Tello or Montoya would be sold or loaned. Bartra would also be in that list if they buy a top-flight CB.

press2progress

in the end i see us buying jordi alba and javi martinez to cover LB, CB and DM

VV/Pinto
Alves/Montoya/Adriano - Pique/Mascherano/Puyol/Martinez - Alba/Adriano/Puyol
Sergio/Martinez
Xavi/Iniesta/Cesc/Thiago
Messi/Cesc
Alexis/Pedro/Villa/Cuenca/Tello/Afellay​

although i think afellay will stay - i know, he had a serious injury but - still i dont see a place for him in this squad, talentwise.

Home of Barca Fans