Gai Assulin

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Unzué has signed him over at Racing...Obviously thinks he can make something out of him, low risk move I guess...I predict more injuries

G

Giannino

Can't believe what the hell happened to this kid. He was supposed to be next Messi, look where he's playing now, after short spells with English low-division clubs.

Robbie

One of our top scorers at reserve level (Arturo Lupoli) left us for Fiorentina, and is playing somewhere in Serie C/B right now. Hell, remember Freddy Adu? Everyone wanted him and he was in commercials with Pele... where did he end up?

Ocelot

Can't believe what the hell happened to this kid. He was supposed to be next Messi, look where he's playing now, after short spells with English low-division clubs.

He looked like Messi too , Guess he was overhyped and his injuries didn't help either

ShandyFFM

Does someone even remember him? He should have been one of our brightest youngster but now hes 22 and playing in the segunda. I remember him giving he debut at the senior level with only 16 years of age for israel. Its a real shame he couldnt make it here

Galning

He thought he was better than he actually was. Tough luck.
He is a great example of how quickly a potential world class player can turn into a flop with the wrong mindset and decision making.

ShandyFFM

just found that video. Back then i didnt realise it was Vilanova who was in the vid :lol:

up to 4 episodes on youtube if you want more.

khaled_a_d

Does someone even remember him? He should have been one of our brightest youngster but now hes 22 and playing in the segunda. I remember him giving he debut at the senior level with only 16 years of age for israel. Its a real shame he couldnt make it here
here is the trick,16 for most players is just the middle of their youth career ,they have a lot of work to do to be good professional players ,the 1991 team had loads of talents ,Gai was supposed to be the cream of the crop ,but he didn't develop his talent ,in just same team there was a kid named Jose Carlos Terrón ,he was called the next Ayala in 2007 ,both France & Spain was offering him a place in their youth teams ,now he is playing in the 3rd division .while Bartra who didn't have as much hype when he was 16 is playing with first team
another prime example is Dani Pacheco who left us thinking he is the next Cesc ,now he just finished a loan with a team that relegated from 2nd division to third ,while Rochina who wasn't thought as good is playing Liga games
the internet era made many 16 years old players hyped which is way too early

He thought he was better than he actually was. Tough luck.
He is a great example of how quickly a potential world class player can turn into a flop with the wrong mindset and decision making.
sort of reminds me of Thiago. Hopefully he will get what he deserves.

Zebulun

To be honest, I knew he would have a hard time playing professionally elsewhere because in barca b he played with his head down so his decision making skills was always poor and to boot he was more lightweight than bojan!

Home of Barca Fans