How do you rate M. LAUDRUP between best Barça's players of history?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Laudrup is nowhere near Platini or Cruyff IMO. Laudrup had no impact whatsoever in his 2 years at Lazio. In his first year he finished 14th (in a 16 team league). In his second he even got relegated with Lazio, finishing at the bottom of the table. Neither did he step up for Juve once Platini (what a player, Maradona level for me, only a WC title separates their legacies) retired.

While his time at Barcelona was better, he was only part of a wonderful "dream team". Never the driving force behind it. I recently watched our 5-0 trashing of Real Madrid in 94 for example. Laudrup was just a substitute who came on when we were leading 4-0 (nowadays, could we trash Real Madrid 5-0 without Messi or Xavi for example? I have my doubts). With the foreigner rule Cruyff rather opted for Stoichkov, Romario and Koeman. He was surely a wonderful player, probably even the most talented in Cruyff's dream team. But I don't think he ever fulfilled his potential. He was like a lazy version of Iniesta who didn't try.

ergo, Zidane.

:D

Cruyff and Platini are on a different level for me. Zidane is just overrated.

he certainly is.

Home of Barca Fans