Maxwell

Barca_Ray_USA

Just read in Sport that Txiki is looking at Maxwell, Inter LB.
And reportedly, he is one of the 2 (don`t know which is the other one) options for our left back.

I checked a little and in this year he either got subbed or came in as a substitute in almost every game so it`s not like he`s indispensable for Inter.

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
Anyone know much about this guy? I remember he was meant to be promising at Ajax, heard little of him at Inter. All talk is about Maicon.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Not much. He plays on and off for Inter. At times even as a midfielder. Would be a good backup or alternation for Abidal

M.L. King

The Preacher
Please no; he is much overrated if you ask me. Certainly, not a Barca material. I know we can get a player of a much better quality. I'm not saying he sucks. He has some skills, the guy can obviously dribble and put some great crosses, but I just think this is not the player we would want in our team. But, I could be wrong.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Could we sign Santon instead ? He will be amazing for Inter but I want us to get him.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
He just gave an interview today committing himself to Inter, Viva :tongue: Still, bloody hell. Sky Sports Italia is a pretty legit source.

Who's better though, 23 yo Filipe, or 28 yo Maxwell? Filipe is proven in Spain but Inter are a good club.

Steve Lawler

inter is the team i watch in serie A, and believe me when i tell you we will do FANTASTIC with maxwell.. the reason behind his lack of playing time this season is because of their new kid santon and mourinho's distasteful relationship with the player.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He just gave an interview today committing himself to Inter, Viva :tongue: Still, bloody hell. Sky Sports Italia is a pretty legit source.

Who's better though, 23 yo Filipe, or 28 yo Maxwell? Filipe is proven in Spain but Inter are a good club.

Tough one, but I'd choose Filipe. I just think he has more potential, better defensively and he's already playing in La Liga. But since we only wanted to pay €9 millions for Filipe (according to the press anyway) you think Maxwell is going to cost €9 millions or less?

Aasim

Bumbleman
Maxwell is good in the way that when he starts to decline we would have a youth product in line. Does Botia play LB?

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
Maxwell would be a great signing but this will break Felipe's heart he has been set on a move to the blaugarana hay maybe we will sign both of them.

Aasim

Bumbleman
We have a tendency to fail to sign players who would die playing for Barca for some reason. Hopefully we do get both because that would mean Abidal is surely going to move on.

Home of Barca Fans