Maxwell

jairzinho

Not one of his best games, actually thought he was the worst player yesterday. But I just think he needs some more time, of what I have seen of him before he is a good player. Wheter he is better than Abildal or not remains for me to decide on.

Careful how you say that.....certain cules take issues with these type of posts.....:lol:

Evil

Shabazz
I can't help but think during the past week why Maxwell doesn't play for the Brazil national team. He's surely better than this Andre Santos dude. I mean he's a quality left back with alot of experience... Ah well, good for us.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Jesus we have some fickle fuckers on here. How about waiting a minimum of 6-10 games before slating our players and declaring them shit buys, wastes of money, second choices.

V

Valon

His performance last nights was awful. He was really not into the game making so many mistakes. At times he looked that he got trapped in the middle of the pitch being clueless.

gimmick

The forgotten man of this forum it seems.

How are peoples opinions of Maxwell forming?

Personally, I think he has been an unmitigated disaster for Barca. From the game Vs Gijon on the opening day, any time he has ggotten the ball, I have been worried. His defending is non existent, and gets caught out of position all too often.

It amazes me that Barca baulked at paying €15m for Felipe, yet splashed out approx €30m on Maxwell and Chrygy. We didn't ned another CB, and Felipe is an excellent LB who knows La Liga.

I hope Maxwell inproves, I really do, but hsi performances so far make him look like he is destined to go the way of Hleb.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Tbh he was bought as a back up for Abidal as long as the Frenchman's form improved which it has, so he's really there in case of an emergency. Felipe would have truly challenged Abidal for a first team spot.

abual3bed1

Having Alves on the right .. makes it almost impossible to have Maxwell on the regular 11 ..

coz alves doesn't stop going forward and the team can't afford to have 2 attacking defenders ..

so I think .. when Alves isn't available .. having Maxwell on the left will give the team the balance they need .. specially that Puyol is one who will be on the right back .. and we know that Puyol can't support the right wing as Alves would do..

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Having Alves on the right .. makes it almost impossible to have Maxwell on the regular 11 ..

coz alves doesn't stop going forward and the team can't afford to have 2 attacking defenders ..

so I think .. when Alves isn't available .. having Maxwell on the left will give the team the balance they need .. specially that Puyol is one who will be on the right back .. and we know that Puyol can't support the right wing as Alves would do..

I din't think he was ever considered a player that will challenge Abidal. But I do agree that having both Max and Dani is very risky.

zanela

There was a reason he was warming the bench at Inter, later wasn't even deemed fit for that role and was immediately dispatched to us. The best club in the world deserves better for a back-up. Simply not good enough. (Can't believe there were members getting all excited about his signing in the summer) :unsure:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he's a decent enough player. but he is poor defensively and this can cause us woe.

he's been a good signing for us, though. he's made useful contributions in attack, pushed abidal to perform better, and probably helped zlatan settle much quicker.

zanela

Yep, hes THAT bad. He couldn't even get a back-up role at a club like inter ffs.
We certainly deserve better.

We almost always concede when he plays. Hes neither good going forward nor at defending. And, if our regular is out for some reason, he 'll make matters worse. Hes a liability. Average at best.

Also, at fault for Sevilla's first goal the other day.

Hes only looked good playing in friendlies with the kids. Says it all. (most inter fans 'll tell u hes rubbish)

Home of Barca Fans