All Time Barca XI

BigBarcaBoy

Valdes
Alves Puyol Koeman Sergi
Xavi Pep Iniesta
Messi Cryuff Eto'o
subs Zubi, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho. Laudrup, Stoichkov,Maradona, Nadal (token defender)

K

kingleo

378112_F_C__Barcelona.jpg

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Valdés
Puyol Koeman Segarra
Busquets
Cruyff Xavi Iniesta Stoichkov
Ronaldinho
Messi

manager: Guardiola​

invert the 3142 we currently use so the left side becomes the place for width and the right side features an AM who comes infield to create a numerical advantage and make glorious passing combinations with Xaviesta, Busi, Ronnie & Messi.

Ronnie on set-pieces, Segarra or Puyol with the armband.

Last edited:

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
GK: Rustu Recber
CB: Dmytro Chygrynski
CB: Phillippe Christanval
CB: Patrick Andersson
LM: Marc Overmars
CM: Gerard Lopez
CM: Geovanni
RM: Alaiksandr Hleb
LF: Alfonso Perez
CF: Zlatan Ibrahimovic
RF: Javier Saviola

View attachment 5274

this team would own everything ... LOL.

anyway ... seriously though ... I like the concept of applying Pep's 3-1-4-2 and I like Meta's lineup, but with a few changes:

-------------------- VV
----- Puyol ------- Migueli ------- Segarra
----------------- Busquets
-- Cruijff ------ Xavi ---- Iniesta ------ Rivaldo
----------------------------- Ronaldinho
------------ Messi

Manager: Pep Guardiola

subs:

GK: Andoni Zubizarreta
DF: Ronald Koeman
DF: Gerard Pique (fuck it, this dude is going to be awesome)
MF: Luis Enrique
MF: Johan Neeskens
MF: Deco (sorry, I had to include him for his 2005-2006 performances)
FW: Hristo Stoichkov
FW: Michael Laudrup --> I wanted to put Kubala or Cesar here and I was not going to include any players who went to Madrid (hence why no Figo, Ronaldo, or Schuster) but I had to break this rule for Laudrup. This dude was amazing and I think he would have absolutely destroyed the rest of Europe as a member of Pep's team.

I love Koeman for his goal vs Sampdoria, but I think Migueli should be given a place in the middle of defense ... or Segarra in the middle and Migueli to the left. Either way our current capitan, "the great captain", and the original "tarzan" should be our back 3. Busquets in front of them, only because Pep has to manage. Had to put Rivaldo on the left behind Ronnie. Those two would cause havoc, and I know Pep would get Rivaldo and Ronnie to press.

oz187

------------Valdes-----------
Alves--Koeman--Puyol--Sergi
-----------Busquets----------
---------Xavi---Maradona-----
--Messi-----Ronaldo-----Cruyff

I'd have Xavi playing a touch deeper than he does now providing more defensive security. Messi would stretch the pitch on the right opening up space in the centre and left hand side of the pitch. Ronaldo's pace and sharpness would be crucial in the centre along with Diego's ability to open things up. And Cruyff, well he can play anywhere. There would be a lot of interchange and movement. And of course Alves and Sergi overlapping on the wings with Ronaldo to aim for would be crucial.

JoBeGo

First of all, I have to say that I won't include players like Paulino Alcantara or Ricardo Zamora, because I have seen some rare (which is not enough) footage of them. I will just go for players who were good at Barcelona and not somewhere else.

In goal I'd choose between Valdes, Zubi and Ramallets. I would have liked to take Ramallets because he would be one from El Barça de les Cinc Copes but I think Valdes ist just more suited to this style of playing.

At right back I will take Dani Alves, in my opinion he is one of the best players in this position - someone who can play three positions in one because he is such a force of nature. On the left side I have the pick between Joan Segarra and Sergi Barjuan. Sergi was probably the slightly worse player and Segarra would walk into the side if he was a natural left-foot, yet I am not too sure what to think about it tactically. Even Abidal could make a challenge though, in my opinion he was(is!) a frightenting player and is the third person to consider on left back. Sigfrid Gracia and Gio are players who also have a place in my heart, though I will go for Segarra. He was also really good on the ball, it surely won't be a problem.

In the middle I will take Koeman and ...
Is it Puyol or shall I take Pique? No, but he will be one day in this team for sure. Puyol for me. Alexanko, Migueli and Ferran have to be benched too.

Central I have Busquets, Guardiola and Iniesta, though I would probably regret to bench Xavi, Laudrup, Maradona, Schuster, Neeskens, Deco, ...

Laudrup or Maradona for instance could take over Iniesta's spot (but he is my alltime favorite @Barça), Deco, Schuster and Xavi could take Guardiola's place and ... no one could take Busquets' place, maybe Guardiola or even Koeman and Yaya(?). But not with his style.

In attack there are also many many players: Evaristo, Cesar, Kocsis, Eto'o, Rivaldo, Krankl, Quini, Stoichkov, Ronaldo, Romario ... but they can't play all, can they?
I will go for Messi on the right side, Kubala in the middle and on the left side Cruijff.

I also had the idea to put Cruijff into the central spot and Ronaldinho on the left wing. So Kubala can occupy the place when Cruijff goes back, they can pull the strings together and on the wings there are two of the most gifted players in history. Though Ronaldinho needs to run and press if he wanted to keep his place - but he didn't! So I went for Messi - Kubala - Cruijff. Even if it's a shame to see two of the best players ever a little bit wasted.

Blaugrana

I don't know ALL TIME, but I'll chose Barca XI for the last decade (2000-2010).

--------------Valdes

Dani - Puyol - Marquez - Van Bronchorst

--------Xavi - Deco - Iniesta

------Messi - Eto'o - Ronaldinho

Home of Barca Fans