Name: Frederic Kanoute
Born: 2.9.1977.
Club: Sevilla
Nationality: Mali
Position: Striker
Height: 1,92m
Preferred foot: Right

View attachment 536

Kanoute is the most inform striker in La Liga in 2009. He scored 10 goals (same as Eto) from January and whats more interesting, his contract runs out next year.
Could he be a quality backup should Bojan leave on loan?

maz

I walk the line
Yeah he could certainly be a great backup. It took him a season to settle into la liga (at first he was godawful..i dont think ive seen anyone have such a bad debut season) but once he gelled he was awesome. His combination with alves was brilliant and could certainly be exploited for us. I would gladly see him come in as a backup.

maz

I walk the line
Larsson? Henry? Both old strikers, both made a big impression on the club. Im sure there are others..

Zqa-

Kanouté would be a superb backup. He is quality, without him, I don't know where Sevilla would be in the table. But I guess he wont accept a backup role, to be honest.

shadows

Larsson? Henry? Both old strikers, both made a big impression on the club. Im sure there are others..

Kanoute i felt is a bit slow....and we cannot afford another player to take 1 year 2 adopt considering he is already 32!!

maz

I walk the line
Larsson was hardly fast! He just had great movement, was good in the air and a good finisher. Kanouté fits all those, plus we know he has great understanding with alves.

I mean lets be honest...kanouté is too slow for what? la liga?? I would say he has definitely shown he has what it takes to succeed in la liga. And in europe his height and movement is important.

shadows

He is good enough for teams like say Spurs or Sevilla or even Villareal..But i dont think he will fit in a Real Madrid or Barca team..Moreover i dont think he will be happy with a backup role!

shadows

Larsson was hardly fast! He just had great movement, was good in the air and a good finisher. Kanouté fits all those, plus we know he has great understanding with alves.

I mean lets be honest...kanouté is too slow for what? la liga?? I would say he has definitely shown he has what it takes to succeed in la liga. And in europe his height and movement is important.

Now the way Barca plays in terms of tempo and forwards pressing is very much improved than what it was when Larrson was there!

maz

I walk the line
I disagree. They are both expressions of the cruyff philosophy..defence press high up the pitch, forwards drop deep and defend, we choke the opposition and win the ball. Then we play the ball around and look for an opening using the vision of our CM's, and the movement of our forwards. The football we were playing the season we won the CL was just as good as this football. Our football defeinitely changed from the last 2 seasons, but larsson had left by then.

FCB-Michael

Mack the Knife
If we are to look for a backup striker then I`d like to see an established one, like Kanoute. Problem is, African Cup on Nations is scheduled next year so we`d miss both of our strikers ;)

roll

Tryin` to be hated
He is amazing absolutely. His ball control is great. I think his to good to be our backup. He is playing in Sevilla and is probably the best player out there. He is much better from Luis Fabiano, because he assists, he don`t miss so many chances...He started scoring at his best recently but he has been very good through the whole season. He created so many chances for Fabiano and I think he is in top10 in assists in league. He is also pretty good in air. I watched him couple of times in first half of the season and he was great. I haven`t watched him since but he is scoring and he can be only better now.
To bad he never got chance in some bigger club like Barca, Inter, Milan, Manchester...imo. he would be great..
If we can get him for cheap, he would be a great asset. He can play as a backup for 4 years. But on the other hand if we give Gai a chance or if we buy proper left wing Henry will be our backup striker. Kanoute and Henry are very similar type of players and that is the only thing why we shouldn`t go for him.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Kanoute and Henry are very similar type of players and that is the only thing why we shouldn`t go for him.

I agree! Henry has already adapted and he should stay with us untill he retires imo. He looks like he's in good condition and I think that he could play for another 2-3 sesons and do it very good. But Kanoute is a very good player.

maz

I walk the line
They arent similar in my opinion. Well..they have similarities but i would compare kanouté to someone like crespo as opposed to henry. Someone that gives us an extra dimension.

Home of Barca Fans