how would you play against barcelona ?

innniesta

As we are always supporting barcelona and on the side of barcelona, i thought id make this thread in someone elses perspective. If you were a coach, how would you play against barcelona ?

Ok here are the rules, lets pretend that you are vsing a full strength barcelona in a champions league final on neutral ground, and you were allowed to take ANYONE that plays professional football, that is not apart of the barcelona team, what team would you make ? and what formation/strategy would you approach to try and beat this barcelona team ?

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
i would tell the board to replace me with bielsa and let him buy any player he wants

This is unrealistic, biesla is staying with Athletic.

I would play catenaccio and hard fouls/rough play and wear a sharp suit with an arrogant smile like i'm some genius for stopping Barca

Yugi

----------Yashin-------------
--Nesta--Baresi--Cannavaro--
Cafu-------------------Carlos
--------Beckenbauer---------
----------------Suarez------
------Maradona--------------
-Garrincha-------------------
----------------Pele---------

now, who would be better?

gingerless

This is unrealistic, biesla is staying with Athletic.

I would play catenaccio and hard fouls/rough play and wear a sharp suit with an arrogant smile like i'm some genius for stopping Barca

that's also unrealistic though because you're so poor that you won't be able to afford a suit and your missing teeth would make it impossible to pull off an arrogant smile that any respectable human being would fall for

----------Yashin-------------
--Nesta--Baresi--Cannavaro--
Cafu-------------------Carlos
--------Beckenbauer---------
----------------Suarez------
------Maradona--------------
-Garrincha-------------------
----------------Pele---------

now, who would be better?

what would you call this? the zombie XI?

Ode to Django

:lol: Zombie XI

i'll have you know i'm not missing any teeth and infact i've just had them whitened so i can glow properly in the dark

Pitbull2k4

Ramos---Pepe---Carvalho ---Marcelo
------Khedira---Gattuso---Lass------
Di Maria----------------------Ronaldo
------------- Suarez-----------------

Back four to stand on peoples ankles and injure messi. Then a triple pivot of doom; no man gets out alive. And because this team has no build up, three players to run into the box and dive for a penaldo hattrick.

Easy!

Last edited:

paxtonpale

Ramos, Thiago Silva, Chellini, Marcelo, Pepe, Alonso as your defensive players. Pepe at DM was a successful tactic. Another thing to do is to play the ball wide and counter attck Barca when they lose the ball. Alves will be out of position and well you have 3 men and a another coming back. 6-3/4 and try to attack wide. Marcelo is great in that sense. Alonso the ball distirbuter and Pepe the destroyer (like he did against Barca in the Copa Del Rey). May not work though its good enough for today.

mixer

--------------Casillas--------------
Alves---Vidić----Hummels---Marcelo
-----De Rossi------------Cambiasso------
Dive Maria----D. Silva-----------Hazard
-------------C.Ronaldo-----------------

all the balls to penaldo.

paxtonpale

Alves playing for Barca and well Hummels is slow and Messi will pass him for sure. Vidic showed how to stop Messi... Messi got past him everytime in that Champions League final. Silva and Mata would be great together though...

Ode to Django

----------------Buffon---------------
--Maicon--Nesta--Silva--Chilleini
-------------Van Bommel-----------
----------Wilshere-----Pirlo--------
----Robben-------------Jovetic-----
----------------Aguero---------------

my team will win.

Home of Barca Fans