Xabi Alonso

El Flaco

Xabi Alonso's contract with Bayern Munchen by Football Leaks

• Xabi Alonso's transfer fee from Real Madrid to Bayern Munich was €9M. It was paid in 3 installments:
  • €4M at time of transfer.
  • €3.5M by July 15 2015.
  • €1.5M for 30 games in 1st season. He played 38.
  • The Xabi friendly will be played in summer 2017 with Madrid paying for all of the travel expenses but retaining the profits of the friendly.
  • The Kroos friendly is to be played this summer in Munich, with Bayern paying for all travel expenses for Madrid but keeping the game profits
  • The agreement also states that similar to the Kroos transfer, Bayern & Real will play a pre-season friendly at the Bernabéu in Madrid.

Last edited:

El Flaco

Extract from Xabi Alonso's interview with the Guardian

Alonso had been close to joining Real Madrid, where he would have replaced David Beckham in the centre of midfield, but Madrid had doubts about his pace and mobility.

“It dragged on and on and on and on with Madrid. It was exasperating. Then Liverpool approached with a very serious interest. Madrid had taken a couple of months to reach the same point in negotiation that Liverpool reached in a couple of days. I was like, ‘Come on, it’s either going to happen or it is not – decision time.’ I decided that if Liverpool wanted me so much, I preferred to go there. I saw Liverpool as a great chance, a top club.”

On his debut for Liverpool

“We lost and I walked off the pitch, thinking, I’m going to have to learn really quickly about English football. It was wild: long ball, second ball, big physical players – Kevin Nolan, Kevin Davies up front; Allardyce chewing gum and shouting orders from his technical area. The crowd was noisy but I could still hear Allardyce. When Bolton won a free kick, the army from the defence moved forward and the ground began to shake.”

On his teammates

“Carra [Jamie Carragher], Stevie, Sami and Didi [Hamman] were all huge influences on everyone else. All different characters, strong personalities. When each one of them spoke, I listened. They helped me improve as a player and as a person, and when I went back to Spain to play for the national team I felt a lot stronger through the experiences shared with them.”

“I liked Carra the most,” he continues. “He is the biggest Scouser in the world. We got on well from day one. I think he realised that I loved football and he loves football too. We would watch games together and talk about it every day. I think he respected that I would enter arguments with him. He was always very loud; you could hear his voice above everyone else’s. I would say, ‘Carra, shut the fuck up, you have no idea!’ He liked all of that: the confrontation.”

These were my happiest times at Liverpool: Pepe [Reina] to [Daniel] Agger, Agger to me, me to Stevie and Stevie to [Fernando] Torres. Sometimes it would take less than 10 seconds. The spine in that team was the best I’ve played in. You also have Carra and [Javier] Mascherano in the side – top-class players. There was skill, steel and speed; it was very competitive, very intense. Very, very determined and committed.

On Benitez and his depature from the club

“Rafa came to me and was very clear. He said, ‘Xabi, we need the money to sign other players that I want’. In order to make that money, my name was the first on the list to be sold. I said, ‘OK, Rafa, no problem. I am a professional. I understand that’. There was interest from Juventus. There was interest from Arsenal. But the clubs could not agree terms. I was ready to leave, because the manager wanted me to leave. It did not happen, though. So the next year, the situation was different. I went to Rafa: ‘OK, a year ago you wanted me to leave and I accepted it. Now I want to leave . …’ In the end, there was an agreement but it was not easy because he wanted me to stay by that point.”

“I was disappointed too, because I was very happy in Liverpool. I could walk down the street and people would beep their car horns and wave. None of this would matter to Rafa, of course, but why should it? He was the manager. He has his way of doing things.”

“Moving from Liverpool to Madrid was the most difficult step to make in terms of the decision. But I felt that I had new things to learn, new challenges to take. The only thing I regret is not winning the Premier League with Liverpool. I’ll never know how that feels and experience the reaction of the city, as I did after Istanbul. It hurts because I know the people want the league title more than anything.”

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-there-is-to-win-with-bayern-munich-liverpool

El Flaco

The tax fraud case against Xabi Alonso has been dropped by a Spanish judge.

Alonso had been under investigation by the Spanish authorities since 2014 for alleged tax evasion involving his image rights.

According to El Confidencial newspaper, a prosecutor asked a judge to investigate the 35-year-old, claiming there was evidence that Alonso had defrauded the tax office of €2 million from 2010-12.

Alonso was one of a number of players investigated by Spanish tax authorities for their use of companies created to hold and manage their image rights.

[...]

Alonso sold his image rights in 2012 for €5m to an investment firm, Kardzali Comercio Servicos de Consultoria e Investimentos, based on the Portuguese island of Madeira.

[...]

A statement from the judge in a Madrid court as reported in El Confidencial stated that Alonso had fulfilled his fiscal obligations and said: "There is no concealing from the part of Mr. Alonso, with the Tax Office fully aware of the holders and the income derived from the possession of shares of Kardzali.

"We cannot see any conduct of fraud from his [Alonso's] part but only a pure and simple use of a solution he found more advantageous within the fiscal options thanks to the expertise of his advisors.

"Madeira is no way a fiscal tax haven even though it is recognised as having an advantageous tax system.

"It has become something common with elite sportsmen and there is nothing wrong with selling their image rights to a company for its exploitation with the aim of obtaining tax advantages."

http://www.espnfc.com/spanish-prime...se-against-bayern-munichs-xabi-alonso-dropped

JerseyAddict

"Madeira is no way a fiscal tax haven even though it is recognised as having an advantageous tax system.

"It has become something common with elite sportsmen and there is nothing wrong with selling their image rights to a company for its exploitation with the aim of obtaining tax advantages."

WTFFFF??? NOW IT IS A GENIOUS IDEA?

Home of Barca Fans