Xabi Alonso

X

xaviniesta

thats a nice history lesson you just gave but i don't give a shit, i'm not a catalan and not a born real madrid hater. i geniunly hate the 'sliding tackle' thats what i mentioned it first. ramos is so much better when he stays in his feet, because he is so strong and well balanced. (when he plays at CB). as for xabi, i just don't understand why he needs to do that, clasico or no clasico.

Maria

Interesting although not necessarily a complete surprise but an article in today's MD touches on how Xabi is right up there with Pepe as the most despised player on the capital club among Barcelona players

I remember reading an interview from Xavi some time ago where he let to be understand that Xabi had done something worse than Ramos during the Clasicos from last year. And on a catalan forum many were saying that he spit Iniesta. I don't usually believe in these kind of rumour(even when they're about Cristiano or Mou), but that would explain a lot of things, especially why he's the least liked madridista between their spanish players.

But then again, maybe Xavi, Iniesta and Busi hate him because of del Bosque's double pivot.

A Catalan is taught from day one to hate Real Madrid and when you join cheering Barcelona the first thing they tell you is HATE RM ... so let's stop with the fake shocking "OMG Xabi is too rough , we hate him now "... your club build 80% of his energy on hating the other... nuff said

Yeah..that's why we're imagining those bad tackles from Xabi. And since Mou is your coach, I wouldn't talk about other clubs building on hate.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
Spitting on Iniesta? He seems like one of the most articulated players out there. Doesn't mean he can't be an asshole of course but he's surely not going to spit on a Spanish teammate infront of hundreds of cameras. Especially not on Iniesta who is possibly the most liked player in Spain. If there is no footage of it, it is bollocks. He's a shit tackler who deserves a red card in every Clasico, that much is true.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Bullshit, anyone who has seen the players in the tunnel would have seen Xabi hugging and kissing Barcelona players. And anything that Xavi says can be thrown in the garbage because he says a lot of shit, and means fuck all. But no one likes a conspiracy more than Cules especially against their players, still inferiority complex is deeply rooted in the culture?

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Bullshit, anyone who has seen the players in the tunnel would have seen Xabi hugging and kissing Barcelona players. And anything that Xavi says can be thrown in the garbage because he says a lot of shit, and means fuck all. But no one likes a conspiracy more than Cules especially against their players, still inferiority complex is deeply rooted in the culture?

Woah, calm down fella... To be fair, I don't think he is the kind of asshole who would spit on Iniesta or do such terrible off the pitch antics, however he is usually using excessive force and making reckless challenges in Clásicos, something that I've never seen him do that often against other teams...

The last one on Busi was just stupid, it was a clumsy tackle and I don't think he intended to hurt anyone, it gave me the impression that he tried to rectify but it was too late and ended up in what we saw... I just don't know how he can become a thug only when he plays against us, but when you remember who is in charge :rollseyes:...

X

xaviniesta

any video of the challenge?

i mean this guy can't tackle since he came to spain. even revista made a compilation for his bad tackles and stuff but i guess he is learning a lot from his fellow teammates over there.

Ursegor

World Champion
Last edited:
X

xaviniesta

I wrote about it when it happend live here at 10:05 PM: http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/9546-Champions-League-12-13?p=906497&viewfull=1#post906497

So it must have happened somewhere around the 60 minute mark. If someone has recorded the game, he could post a gif / video of it. It was a 2-footed, studs up, sliding tackle. Just awful. He didn't even get a yellow. In the whole game. :lol:

well, the same guy was the ref who gave red for busquets. its a conspiracy

Ursegor

World Champion
well, the same guy was the ref who gave red for busquets. its a conspiracy

img_24005_mascherano-pedro-busquets-my-face-hurts.jpg

Home of Barca Fans