Xabi Alonso

Pepe Silvia

I'd argue that Özil is RM best midfielder this year, not Alonso. Even though he tends to disappear in big games, he has gotten them very far with his playmaking.

Maria

The alonso hate is unbearable.....

We should love the player who fouls Messi more then Ramos or Arbeloa sometimes and escapes without a yellow card more often then not? Marcotti wrote an article about Busi recently and described him as the player who makes the ocasional rash challenge, but I think that he was actually thinking at Xabi.

khorne

You cant say its unjustified from a cule perspective.
well it's a bit odd to "hate" someone you have never had or will have any personal interaction with, but even if you dislike him, he is a great player. he has a very different style of play than our guys from la masia, but that's not equal to "he sucks" all roads lead to rome, after all

E

estranged

this atletico game right now is the exact reason why he's not world class, what exactly does he do? he provides some defensive cover by fouling like a maniac granted, but he offers little else other than that. he's lucky he's had somebody like busquets to cover his ass in the spanish NT. no wonder he spend half his career on the liverpool bench.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
He is slowly dying, the man is on his last breathe, I just hope he survives the next 8, potentially 9 games. Terrific player for us but Mourinho is running him rugged and if he thinks Khedira is doing Xabi any favors :lol: I am up to my eyes with dislike towards Khedira, so I may be exaggerating but he is over working Xabi.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He will rest next game so no problem there... It is rather interesting what the refs and comitees have made players do to force a yellow card, you could see Alonso was asking for it, making fouls left and right just to get booked, and it took 5 fouls to finally get it...

I'm not blaming him for forcing it, my point is that time wasting is frowned upon by the discipline comitees and awards a bigger punishment, yet an avalanche of fouls is ok, it's like if you hide it then it's fine, just don't be so evident...

El Gato

Villarato!
I seriously hope he gets his rest. We look garbage ever since he is forced to play, because of his role on that team. The worse he looks, the worse we look. Hopefully he will do a bit better after that break from trainings (Mou gave him 2 days off) and a game against Gijon he got.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I seriously hope he gets his rest. We look garbage ever since he is forced to play, because of his role on that team. The worse he looks, the worse we look. Hopefully he will do a bit better after that break from trainings (Mou gave him 2 days off) and a game against Gijon he got.

Well, we escaped that one didn't we? Hopefuly Xabi gets good sex, a good rest and comes back to put Bayern where they belong.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
What. A. Legend.

I have a massive man crush on him and if Edward wouldn't have bigged up so many shit players before, I would have joined him a long time ago. He even loves the same shows I do:

You’re also a big fan of Dexter. Have you ever thought after a game, only metaphorically, that you would like to put someone on Dexter’s killing table?

Yes, I believe that we’ve all thought that at times. Dexter has a very attractive personality, for this lack of sentiments combined with a human touch that gets to you. And sometimes you think: perhaps I’m getting more emotional with him than I should. On those occasions, you share that “dark passenger” that he speaks so much about.

Another of your favorite series is Mad Men. Do you feel like a footballer from another era?

Well, in some things yes. With the boots, for example. I don’t like so many colors. I always tell the people of Adidas to send me black boots, the ones they’ve been making forever. Perhaps I have a more classic profile than others and in this sense I do like the classic and elegant world of Mad Men.

I hope to god Mourinho time manages him, last season he looked well beat up.

Actually the whole interview is awesome!

Home of Barca Fans