Xabi Alonso

BarcaOG

Banned
Should be fluent after 3 years at Bayern. Has time to refresh it now too.

idk man, bale was at real for like 6 years and his spanish is garbage. the same was true of ozil.

granted, xabi is definitely a more serious professional so you might be right.

Andresito

Staff member
idk man, bale was at real for like 6 years and his spanish is garbage. the same was true of ozil.

granted, xabi is definitely a more serious professional so you might be right.

Yeah definitely, Xabi is a different breed compared to Bale and Ozil, I'd never imagine them becoming coaches.

El Gato

Villarato!
Don't think it's too random. Usually you don't want to start at a big side and Gladbach seat has just freed up. Free to experiment with good talent, a lot of room to grow, can push for top4. Why not?

khaled_a_d

because its random AF, lol. he has links with sociedad, real, and bayern. nobody would be surprised if he began couching youth teams there with an eye to senior coaching in the future

but gladbach? weird

He started coaching youth sides in RM & Sociedad already. After 3 years and at the age of 39 he should be ready for another job and non of those are free.
OTOH, Alonso was world class smart midfielder who played under some of the best managers who had different ideas.
He was coached by Denoueix, Benitez,Pelegrini, Mourinho, Ancelotti, Pep, Aragones, Del Bosque
Normal that another club will take a look at him tbh

BarcaOG

Banned
you make good points, but what's the difference between gladbach and sociedad? there's a big difference between those two and going lampard straight into real or liverpool.

it makes complete sense that hed want to start at a low profile club, of course. its just that gladbach is a random choice. but i guess that among mid table low profile clubs the choice would always be arbitrary

Don't think it's too random. Usually you don't want to start at a big side and Gladbach seat has just freed up. Free to experiment with good talent, a lot of room to grow, can push for top4. Why not?

wolfe!111!

Andresito

Staff member
you make good points, but what's the difference between gladbach and sociedad? there's a big difference between those two and going lampard straight into real or liverpool.

it makes complete sense that hed want to start at a low profile club, of course. its just that gladbach is a random choice. but i guess that among mid table low profile clubs the choice would always be arbitrary

Maybe he was being groomed to taking over after Alguacil, but considering Alguacil has done pretty well they've had no reason to appoint Xabi.

This was probably an offer out of thin air. Xabi has been coaching Sociedad B for 2 years now and has done well. I think he's mature ebough for the next step that is Gladbach. Simply a too good of an offer to say no to.

El Gato

Villarato!
wolfe!111!

There there

QHl0-Y4-O3-W4qed-SZ9-h-Ou-Hci-4y-Jbpb-HWMu-UEj-L3l-Zz9-FKB7n-Fn-ZQIT7d-WO-a6-Xpb2iz1-URNr-Re-NPA75i.gif

Home of Barca Fans