Xabi Alonso

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I donno what Pep sees in him really to keep playing him. Isn't Javi Martinez fit yet?

Injured.

Pep would probably still use Alonso if Javi was fit though from what the Bayern fans are saying :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Damn how long till he gets fit again? Been nearly a year if I'm not wrong. Poor guy

Got injured again a couple of weeks ago.

Sad because I really rate him. Been very unlucky.

Seems like he'll be back soon though.

Last edited:

Galning

Even at Madrid I thought he was shite. Running into people & bringing down everybody that got passed him. What a defensive midfielder.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Injured.

Pep would probably still use Alonso if Javi was fit though from what the Bayern fans are saying :lol:

Pep sees him as a CB...
In 2013 Martinez was arguably the best holding midfielder on the planet, or at the very least one of the three best. Alaba and Lahm were even less arguably the best in their respective position. I do like Pep and what he has done to the team, but certain things just make me shake my head.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Even at Madrid I thought he was shite. Running into people & bringing down everybody that got passed him. What a defensive midfielder.

Alonso was great in the first half of last season. Great vision and long balls, good anticipation. After the winter break, he was a menace to the team and still is. Not reliable at all.

Morten

Pep hasnt tried Alonso at cb yet, has he? We know that he a habbit of doing that with midfielders,so its not unthinkable.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Pep hasnt tried Alonso at cb yet, has he? We know that he a habbit of doing that with midfielders,so its not unthinkable.
Alonso falls back into the CB line when he plays at #6 most of the times. So actually, he is a CB for Pep too in a way.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
:lol:

4ffbcf0agw1expl62jcf3g209q05iu0x.gif

Home of Barca Fans