Xabi Alonso

Devils

This guy is a stonewall cunt.

Never received as much hate as some other Madrid players but was just as scummy in the Clasicos. I'm so glad he is gone, hope he rots at Bayern.

Good riddance.

Alarcón

So, Madrid will either play Kroos as DM against Barca now, in which case our players will demolish them, or they will play Khedira there who is worse than Xabi in almost every aspect. Good for us

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So, Madrid will either play Kroos as DM against Barca now, in which case our players will demolish them, or they will play Khedira there who is worse than Xabi in almost every aspect. Good for us

Actually, I thought Kroos' defensive abilities were underrated, even at Bayern. And the few games he has played for Real Madrid so far, he was very good defensively. I remember seeing him making quite a few tackles and the stats supported my impression.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Actually, I thought Kroos' defensive abilities were underrated, even at Bayern. And the few games he has played for Real Madrid so far, he was very good defensively. I remember seeing him making quite a few tackles and the stats supported my impression.

He's no DM, regardless of his competence defensively. Not only that, but they'll play him as a lone DM with very little, to almost no defensive support from the forward line. Only Modric in the midfield and front 3 gives any defensive support. James doesn't defend, Bale barely defends, Benzema doesn't, and we know Ronaldo doesn't.

Leaving Kroos on an island like that will get exploited no end.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

Busi > Kroos+Modric+James (defensively)

Paganinisrvnge

So much hate on here for Xabi Alonso. Has he made a lot of terrible tackles and gotten away with it against us? Yes. Messi makes a fool out of ANYONE. Let's not let the rivalry cloud our judgement of him as a player, though. Alonso in his prime was one of the best midfielders in the world and an integral part of the great Spain of 2008-2012. Of course people will come here with their blaugrana tinted glasses and say Spain would've been better off with just Busquets but Alonso was a key player. His performance against France in Euro 2012, for example; was very important.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I think most of us acknowledge that he is a really good player. Imo he is one.
But he is really dirty player and that is what the majority is trying to say. He will not get away with everything at Bayern though. Could do whatever he wanted to with Real.

Bertus

Whether you like Xabi or not, RM is not the same without him. No one is doing the job like him in defense.

It's entirely Perez's fault. It ended up just like people here said it would be.

Adrian

Seems like Perez didn't learn from the whole Galactico saga. I'm no expert, but it looks like RM are trying to get all these amazing players and trying to stuff them into one squad. (In their defence however, Ancelotti is experienced with this during his PSG and Chelsea spells). RM are undoubtedly very difficult to beat and one of the, if not the best team in Europe however it appears that they want to build a team of stars, rather than a star team.

Vilarrubi

Khedira is more mobile and has much more stamina than Xabi.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Please tell me your joking? Khedira has had one good game I can recall this year which was against Brazil in the WC.... But which German didn't look good that day? Did you watch him in CL Final? Absolutely shocking. Average at best in other games.

Home of Barca Fans