Xabi Alonso

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Leave off. Sad day for the national team in the respect that one of their intrinsic parts of their triple glory has retired. Like it will be for Casillas, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Villa the day they retire from the national team.

Legend.

CuleLife4Life

Don't know why people give him so much shit. He was definitely an important part of the Spanish national team 2008-2012.

He has regressed tremendously though and there are rumors he'll leave Madrid though they would be screwed if he left since they would have no DM.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Don't know why people give him so much shit. He was definitely an important part of the Spanish national team 2008-2012.

He has regressed tremendously though and there are rumors he'll leave Madrid though they would be screwed if he left since they would have no DM.

Because he's declined and a large number of fans have short term memories. Sad, but true.

Galning

To be fair he's always looked clueless for Spain to me. He was lucky enough to play for the best national side ever. Some people just don't seem to share your opinion, it has nothing to with having a short term memory.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
To be fair he's always looked clueless for Spain to me. He was lucky enough to play for the best national side ever. Some people just don't seem to share your opinion, it has nothing to with having a short term memory.

The large number of people who called Xavi shit (not on this forum) after the game against Holland sure do have short term memories.

CuleLife4Life

Both Xabi and Xavi had bad world cups but they when they were on top of their game they were vital to Spain.

I hate that they (well not Xabi but Xavi) had to end their careers like that because its not indicative to what they've done in the past.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Bayern Munich close to £8m deal for Real Madrid’s Xabi Alonso

Xabi Alonso was on the verge of joining the German champions, Bayern Munich, in a deal worth around £8m (€10m) on Wednesday night.

Home of Barca Fans