Defender for next season?

JamDav1982

Sakho is definitely solid trust me, and anything is better than Masch at CB right now. But because his row with Ancelotti, he's been written off as immature. But he's young and a natural CB. Not sure how much NKoulou would go for, but I think Sakho is the best bang for the buck.

We would never land Kompany and I also doubt Hummels. Don't see why we would spend that much when the board has already invested so heavily (foolishly) into Mascherano and Song.

Had quite a few bets on PSG last season and to say Sakho was terrible would be an understatement.

He got dropped as he was playing like he barely knew what a football was. Every game he seemed to make 3/4 huge errors.

Cant see him being anywhere near Barcelona quality.

89Norcal

Had quite a few bets on PSG last season and to say Sakho was terrible would be an understatement.

He got dropped as he was playing like he barely knew what a football was. Every game he seemed to make 3/4 huge errors.

Cant see him being anywhere near Barcelona quality.

This is what I'm trying to say, Sakho had a little falling out with Carlo Ancelotti after he was benched. His fitness slipped off a bit and there you have it.

He plays great for France and was a great captain for PSG, and is starting regularly again.. and is only 22. If you consider he could leave cheaply, it would be a massive steal.

JamDav1982

This is what I'm trying to say, Sakho had a little falling out with Carlo Ancelotti after he was benched. His fitness slipped off a bit and there you have it.

He plays great for France and was a great captain for PSG, and is starting regularly again.. and is only 22. If you consider he could leave cheaply, it would be a massive steal.

He was benched because of his terrible performances.

It was not the case that he was benched and played poorly after a fall out.

89Norcal

He was benched because of his terrible performances.

It was not the case that he was benched and played poorly after a fall out.

Did you even follow the CB story at PSG? They signed Silva when they already had Alex and Sakho. PSG threatened their relationship with their own homegrown player in an effort to establish a Real Madrid-esque role competition among their center backs.

Sakho said in the summer he would be open to leaving PSG if another starting CB came in. His displeasure with Ancelotti and his captaincy is why he slipped. Now he's back in the France team and playing well again for PSG.

Barca should monitor his situation with the club. If it deteriorates they can possibly bail him out if the price is right.

89Norcal

Last season silva wasnt around and sakho got dropped for his poor performances and lugano/alex was their first choice partnership, or so i think.

I know Silva wasn't there last year, I'm talking about THIS SUMMER when Sakho blurted that if PSG sign another CB, he will leave. Drop in form due to frustration with injuries, fitness and managers happens ALL THE TIME even to world class players, not just to Sakho.

As I said, he's past that little skid and is back in the France squad and back to form for PSG. Carlo Ancelotti made an active effort to keep him there and promised Sakho he was in his future plans.

Home of Barca Fans