Defender for next season?

89Norcal

All of the names mentioned a couple of posts above are better than Sakho.
How is ot possible he can play for FCB when he isn't even a starter at his club.
The way i see things:
Cheap:Botia
Cool:Garay,Dede,Maicon,Rami
Crazy:Hummels,Ramos

Yeah maybe Ramos. You obviously aren't familiar with his situation at PSG. He was starting CB and Captain until transfer rumours starting stirring and his fitness was being called into question. Ancelotti butted heads with Sakho, prompting the manager to bench him as he's voiced his desire to leave which = cheaper transfer. He also starts for France and was Young Player of the Year in 2011. Dede went through similar drops in form yet you consider him. I've heard Ramos-to-Barcelona rumors for a couple years now and it never happens.

psychotsek

Yeah maybe Ramos. You obviously aren't familiar with his situation at PSG. He was starting CB and Captain until transfer rumours starting stirring and his fitness was being called into question. Ancelotti butted heads with Sakho, prompting the manager to bench him as he's voiced his desire to leave which = cheaper transfer. He also starts for France and was Young Player of the Year in 2011. Dede went through similar drops in form yet you consider him. I've heard Ramos-to-Barcelona rumors for a couple years now and it never happens.

Ramos won't come that's why it's crazy..
As for Sakho i have seen a couple of matches of him and really can't understand why you rate him that much.Last game vs Spain he was mediocre.Anchelotti isn't Mourinho.If Sakho is good he will play.The fact that Alex starts before him is enough for me.There are far better defendes in french league than him ex Mbiwa/Silva/N'koulou.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Wow!Didn't know that.Good for him,he managed to play in a top club in so short time just wow!
According to Wikipedia he actually stated playing professionaly at 18 in 2003 ,was in youth rankings since 1994

I think FCB don't want players with troubles with their coach tbh

89Norcal

As for Sakho i have seen a couple of matches of him and really can't understand why you rate him that much.Last game vs Spain he was mediocre.Anchelotti isn't Mourinho.If Sakho is good he will play.The fact that Alex starts before him is enough for me.There are far better defendes in french league than him ex Mbiwa/Silva/N'koulou.

Sakho was the one who ran the ball up to create space for Ribery's cross to Giroud, man. He was an integral part of France's equalizer. Sakho has more caps than Mbiwa, he's not starting because of the reasons I listed.

And the fact he could leave on the cheap because of his fallout with PSG is another bonus.

I think FCB don't want players with troubles with their coach tbh

Sakho doesn't necessarily have a poor attitude, he was frustrated like most youngsters are that start well and get benched. Ronaldinho fell out with Luis Fernandez at PSG, David Villa criticized Unai Emery before leaving Valencia. Sometimes it's just the cycle players go through before moving on.

M

Messi+Eto

Kompany **** First choice
Nicolas N'Koulou****
Sakho (maybe)
Papadopolous
Botia
Or some unknown tall and promising Italian (they make very rugged defenders).

Hummels IMO, is overrated!

Last edited:

AvocadoCake

Not gonna lie: I've only seen Sakho play like 4 times but if 89Norcal is right then SIGN HIM UP! He impressed me a lot (not just because he scored against us) and I reckon if he or Papadopolous are available we have to consider it. Unhappy, contract ends in 2014, they have world class cover for him... Could be good in terms of wages, too:
"Qatar Investment Authority purchased the remaining 30% stake held by Colony Capital and Butler Capital Partners and became the sole shareholder of Paris Saint-Germain in 2012" whereas he only extended his contract on 8 March 2011, so this could be a real steal.

89Norcal

Not gonna lie: I've only seen Sakho play like 4 times but if 89Norcal is right then SIGN HIM UP! He impressed me a lot (not just because he scored against us) and I reckon if he or Papadopolous are available we have to consider it. Unhappy, contract ends in 2014, they have world class cover for him... Could be good in terms of wages, too:
"Qatar Investment Authority purchased the remaining 30% stake held by Colony Capital and Butler Capital Partners and became the sole shareholder of Paris Saint-Germain in 2012" whereas he only extended his contract on 8 March 2011, so this could be a real steal.

Sakho is definitely solid trust me, and anything is better than Masch at CB right now. But because his row with Ancelotti, he's been written off as immature. But he's young and a natural CB. Not sure how much NKoulou would go for, but I think Sakho is the best bang for the buck.

We would never land Kompany and I also doubt Hummels. Don't see why we would spend that much when the board has already invested so heavily (foolishly) into Mascherano and Song.

Home of Barca Fans