Defender for next season?

JDaniels

Borussia-Dortmund-defender-Mats-Hummels-on-FC-Barcelona-radar-Bundesliga-news-66106.jpg

MagIX

Hummels, young and talented. In a interview i think around 1 year ago he said that his favorite club is barca.

Or yaya... why not

M

mitkoa7x

Hummels, young and talented. In a interview i think around 1 year ago he said that his favorite club is barca.

Or yaya... why not

Yaya is a beast but signing a young defender is the ideal choice. The younger, the better imo. So Hummels > Thiago Silva

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Central defender for next season?

Since signing a defender is the heaviest rumor for months now and we've been discussing it in various threads, time to remove the old poll and bring it here.

Silva, Hummels, Sakho, etc. Who would possibly be available and have enough quality to fit in?

AL-MALKI

I think we should go for either Silva or Javi Martínez if we can’t get any of them then just promote Bartra
other CBs we are liked with are a waste of money IMO

Birdy

the question is do we need a top-drawer CB?
i think no..
Pique, Puyol, mascherano, abidal(if and when fit) and then we have bartra and fontas..
it is better to go for a LB, considering what to do with adriano also..

AL-MALKI

Javi Martinez has a contract until 2016. Not looking likely imo.

I agree It’s going to be hard it may cost a lot but this team is the greatest in history it will be a hard task to improve it.
we don’t need Chygrynskiy saga all over again
I think we have the money especially if we sell a couple of players like Keita and Afellay to add to our summer transfer money
my biggest worry is Rosell going to spend most of it on Neymar great player but we don’t need ATM
we need a top CB and LB (gareth bale I’m salivating over the idea of having him over our left side)
If we have around 70 ME to spend in the summer IMO we should divide it for the CB and LB position
30-35 ME may bring us Silva or Martinez

Last edited:

Co0ter

the question is do we need a top-drawer CB?
i think no..
Pique, Puyol, mascherano, abidal(if and when fit) and then we have bartra and fontas..
it is better to go for a LB, considering what to do with adriano also..

Fontas just isn't good enough (slow as shit) and I'm really not sure about Bartra either. I don't know if you've been paying any attention but Puyol hasn't been the same since the injury and he's getting old. Puyol will be good as a rotation CB for a few more years, not a starter sadly. Abidal is getting old too and is about to get a liver transplant...that's a big deal dude, there is no gaurentee that he'll even ever play again.

And Bale is exactly what we don't need. If we brought in Bale or Alba we'd have to offload Adriano, and I think he's been great for us when he hasn't been injured. People don't realize how clutch Abidal has been for us, he's been awesome and cleaned up our messes much like Mascherano is doing now. Most importantly he is tall, has pace and is primarily defensive minded....this allows Dani Alves to do what he does. Bale and Alves on each side is mouth watering but it's not very realistic.
I'd prefer an LB that can play as a CB like Abidal...but I don't think one exists, at least I can't think of any. Maybe Sakho but PSG has way too much cash to ever let him go.

Even if we bought Thiago Silva (drool x 1000), there would still be a huge question mark for LB. Who would be our steel on the left?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans