Adjustments for CL 2nd Leg at Camp Nou?

Adjustments for CL 2nd Leg at Camp Nou?

• Total voters

UberNjufer

In theory it sounds good, but Messi doesn't know how to play on the wings anymore, Cesc doesn't score like he used to at the beginning of the season and every time Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc and Messi were on the pitch together one of them suffered..not to mention the fact that Puyol will most likely start against Milan(otherwise Pep wouldn't had rested him) so we need 2 players to create width..otherwise it would just be like Milan-Barca all over again.

And with how much it cost us to score lately I think that the one for which the players should create space is Messi..
i cant believe what i just read,you cant forget playing football.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Puyi might start in the centre(precisely because his contribution in offense is non-existent)... and also because we might be seeing both Ibra & Pato start for Milan

Maria

i cant believe what i just read,you cant forget playing football.

So Messi not being a very good winger anymore = Messi forgot how to play football?

Puyi might start in the centre(precisely because his contribution in offense is non-existent)... and also because we might be seeing both Ibra & Pato start for Milan

If Pato plays, I think it would be a terrible idea to let our fastest CB on the bench.

M

mitkoa7x

At the moment I prefer a Pique-Masch CB duo. Puyi's experience is invaluable so I would use him as LB, staying behind just in case of a counter attack.

UberNjufer

So Messi not being a very good winger anymore = Messi forgot how to play football?
i think you know what i meant by it,don't twist it.Him not being a good winger is just bs,and he should be used as a winger more often 'cos he is far more effctive when drifting from left side towards goal.Maybe you noticed how lately he ends on right side in weird angles when he dribbles,he just runs out of space when playing a false 9.I preffer him on the wing far more than in the middle.

B

barcelonista

WTF?! Since Messi started playing as a false 9, he scores more than 1.0 goals per game and assists 20+ goals per season. We want Messi as close to the goal and as much involved in link-up play with Xavi and Iniesta as possible => false 9. That's not even up to debate anymore, Messi himself wants to play centrally.

Nevertheless, for specific games it could be a good idea to get him on the wing, that's true (although he's got a free role anyway). I think Iniesta on LW, Messi on RW and Fabregas in CAM on paper is as mouthwatering as it can get. Iniesta and Messi are the 2 best dribblers in Europe. They should be able to stretch defenses like spandex on Miami beach, as Ray Hudson :)worthy:) would say, and Fabregas on the other hand is the master of making runs into space (that Messiesta would create for him). But sadly in reality it ends up with too many players who prefer and congest the same central spaces. This is such a complicated problem when playing possession-tiki-taka-football, the Spanish national team also faces it times and times again. Milan being a very narrow side doesn't help at all. This will be a pain in the ass game tomorrow night.

Shegxy

Well try ur best and leave the rest,pep do something good,iniester back to md while tello or cuenca attack.

Maria

Nevertheless, for specific games it could be a good idea to get him on the wing, that's true (although he's got a free role anyway). I think Iniesta on LW, Messi on RW and Fabregas in CAM on paper is as mouthwatering as it can get. Iniesta and Messi are the 2 best dribblers in Europe. They should be able to stretch defenses like spandex on Miami beach, as Ray Hudson :)worthy:) would say, and Fabregas on the other hand is the master of making runs into space (that Messiesta would create for him).

It would be a good tactic in some matches if we would have a striker to drag of defenders..but if Cesc plays as a false 9 he wouldn't be able to take on players 1vs1 and he will probably remain isolated(that's exactly what happend against Sporting), while Messi/Iniesta will drift in centrally and if Puyol is the LB then it will be even worse.

Anyway, I'm praying for CEsc not to start against Milan, but unfortunately Pep used him in almost every big match this season so if the catalan is fit, he will most likely be in the first 11.

Pepe Silvia

Anyway, I'm praying for CEsc not to start against Milan
Yeah, God forbid he score a brace, make some EPL class tackles in midfield, press like a bat out of hell, lay a sick assist down for Messi, etc, etc... :p

... but seriously, he will only start if Xavi is not fit.

Home of Barca Fans