--------Valdés----------
Dani--Badger-Piqué-Puyi
---------Busi------------
-----Xavi-----Iniesta-----
--Sex----Messi----Pedrito

Although I think Cesc will start.

Thats what i'd go with. ::thumbsup::

Maria

Distribution of Barca's attack in Milan-Barca. Right flank-33%. Middle-45%. Left flank-only 21%. This helped Milan keep shape..Pep will have to find a solution to this.

desoe

Distribution of Barca's attack in Milan-Barca. Right flank-33%. Middle-45%. Left flank-only 21%. This helped Milan keep shape..Pep will have to find a solution to this.

"I am here, Mister"

ManCity-targets-Adriano-in-January.jpg

UberNjufer

so i guess it's going to be this atleast i hope so

alves---pique---masc---adriano
------------busi--------------
-----xavi---------iniesta------
alexis------messi------cesc---

maybe pedro instead of cesc :barca scarf:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I'd much prefer

----------------VV
Alves----Masch----Pique----Adriano
---------------Busi
-----Xavi---------------Iniesta
--Alexis-------Messi---------Cuenca

but if Pep decides to start Cesc, I hope it's up front instead of mid field... with Messi pushed right and Alexis playing on left flank.

Maria

but if Pep decides to start Cesc, I hope it's up front instead of mid field... with Messi pushed right and Alexis playing on left flank.

Cesc doesn't know how to play as a false 9..he scored those goals in the first half of the season playing as a false 10, with Messi dragging defenders and creating space for him.

If it's true that Xavi has problems, then I would like something like this:

-------------------VV
Alves-------Masch-------Pique----Puyol
-------------------Busi
-----Xavi/Cesc---------------Iniesta
--Alexis-----------Messi----------Adriano/Pedro

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Cesc doesn't know how to play as a false 9..he scored those goals in the first half of the season playing as a false 10, with Messi dragging defenders and creating space for him.
Messi playing on the right would mean the same thing... The RF who would come central more often and Alves playing the role of RW. Thereby Messi(along with Alves) would unsettle both the LB and central defenders dragging them away, enabling Cesc to make runs into their D to exploit the space created by Messi. False 10 it is

Maria

In theory it sounds good, but Messi doesn't know how to play on the wings anymore, Cesc doesn't score like he used to at the beginning of the season and every time Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc and Messi were on the pitch together one of them suffered..not to mention the fact that Puyol will most likely start against Milan(otherwise Pep wouldn't had rested him) so we need 2 players to create width..otherwise it would just be like Milan-Barca all over again.

And with how much it cost us to score lately I think that the one for which the players should create space is Messi..

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
well Alexis & Adriano from left wing and Alves from right wing... That's plenty of width.

Maria

well Alexis & Adriano from left wing and Alves from right wing... That's plenty of width.

Like I said, Puyol will probably start as a LB and his contribution in offense is non-existent..and we don't know yet if Xavi(or Cesc for that matter) are fit to play.

Home of Barca Fans