Viktor Fischer

Trickykid

He has been quite crappy for Ajax lately, so a chance of scenery might do him good. Doubt Boro is the right move though: talents like him don't tend to do well in weaker PL sides. Just look at Berghuis: quite decent for AZ, less than 200 minutes of playing time for Watford in a full season iirc. Don't rate Fischer highly anyway, but we'll see how he does. He's quite predictable on the pitch, yet he seems to think he was benched unfairly. Younes is far superior to him atm though.

Yeah, he has stagnated something fierce. Those injuries didn't help him either. Apparently De Boer hasn't been impressed with his attitude either.
It's a shame, he started the season very well, and I actually thought it could be his breakout season.

I hope he'll catch a break in England and fulfill that apparent talent of his.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
^ It's always a shame when talents stagnate indeed, so let's see how he fares in the BPL.

Nucky

Only 4-5 years ago this guy was supposed to be big talent.. Him and Eriksen were Ajax young jewels..

Trickykid

Made his debut back home for FCK today, where he's trying to get his career back on track.
Not sure if it was all those injuries, but right now he's just another young player who didn't evolve sinde he turned 18/19. Shame.

Gilberto

Made his debut back home for FCK today, where he's trying to get his career back on track.
Not sure if it was all those injuries, but right now he's just another young player who didn't evolve sinde he turned 18/19. Shame.

Yeah, he seemed like a superstar in the making when he first played matches for the Ajax first team. In my memory, the injuries have indeed changed him. He seemed to have a lot more brovado and explosiveness back when he first played for the first team than when he came back after injuries. After the injuries, it also always seemed like he was too frustrated, he was trying to force things to happen to much.

Trickykid

Yeah, he seemed like a superstar in the making when he first played matches for the Ajax first team. In my memory, the injuries have indeed changed him. He seemed to have a lot more brovado and explosiveness back when he first played for the first team than when he came back after injuries. After the injuries, it also always seemed like he was too frustrated, he was trying to force things to happen to much.

My thoughts exactly - especially so about looking frustrated on many occasions, as the plays he used to be able to pull off doesn't succeed.

If he can steer clear of injuries, I still think he could get back up to his early Ajax level with time, but I don't see him ever taking another step up, sadly. His debut back home in Denmark was promising, even though I have no love for the team he plays for now, to say the very least.

Do you follow Ajax closely by any change btw?

Gilberto

Yeah, he often attempted to shoot from impossible angles and distances, as if he wanted to prove the public and himself he could still do it, even though he could not.

Do you follow Ajax closely by any change btw?

Not closely. I watch like 1 or 2 Ajax games a month I would say.

Trickykid

Yeah, he often attempted to shoot from impossible angles and distances, as if he wanted to prove the public and himself he could still do it, even though he could not.

Not closely. I watch like 1 or 2 Ajax games a month I would say.

Alright I don't suppose you heard anything about a young guy called Victor Jensen, who joined the Ajax youth setup last summer? Read that he scored for their Jong Ajax team the other day, and was just wondering how he was doing in general.

Gilberto

Alright I don't suppose you heard anything about a young guy called Victor Jensen, who joined the Ajax youth setup last summer? Read that he scored for their Jong Ajax team the other day, and was just wondering how he was doing in general.

I did hear about his arrival at Ajax, but I can't tell you how he's doing as I haven't seen him play yet ;)
I'll keep you updated whenever I see young Danes play ;)

Trickykid

I forgot to mention that I saw Nissen Kristensen's debut against my local team Roda. He had a mediocre debut but it's too early to judge him at this point.
Yeah, I read that he was fairly underwhelming. Apparently it looked like he was very nervous.

Home of Barca Fans