Messi's Records - Counting

DucdeOrléans

252 official goals for FCB and 274 overall in his senior career for both club and country (22).

Also he is "only" 71 goals behind the all-time topscorer of RM, Raúl, who scored 323 goals for RM. If he continues his current rate he will surpass that number of goals already next season and at the age of 25. :worthy:

I am starting to believe that he could beat Gerd Müller's all-time official number of goals for Bayern. If I am not mistaken Müller scored about 550 official goals for Bayern. more than anyone for a top club in Europe in all major European leagues.

Messi has also scored 9 hat-tricks (games where he at least scored 3 goals are included - for example as today) this season in Spanish football more than anyone else before the league started in 1929.

I am also pretty sure that only Everton's Dixie Dean has scored more league goals than Messi in a European top division.

Moreover there was those 72 season goals..... 72 goals!

Simply astonishing.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
252 official goals for FCB and 274 overall in his senior career for both club and country (22).

Also he is "only" 71 goals behind the all-time topscorer of RM, Raúl, who scored 323 goals for RM. If he continues his current rate he will surpass that number of goals already next season and at the age of 25. :worthy:

I am starting to believe that he could beat Gerd Müller's all-time official number of goals for Bayern. If I am not mistaken Müller scored about 550 official goals for Bayern. more than anyone for a top club in Europe in all major European leagues.

Messi has also scored 9 hat-tricks (games where he at least scored 3 goals are included - for example as today) this season in Spanish football more than anyone else before the league started in 1929.

I am also pretty sure that only Everton's Dixie Dean has scored more league goals than Messi in a European top division.

Simply astonishing.

Should be added that Zarra scored 38 in 30 games... but Messi's average is now higher

DucdeOrléans

Yeah 8 in the league and 2 in the CL.

But in 2 of the league games he scored more than 3 goals and the same happened once in the CL against Leverkusen at home where he scored 5 goals.

So in total 10 hat tricks.

M

mitkoa7x

I cant find a stat with all hat tricks in his career

1 vs RM 2007
1 vs Atletico (CDR) 2008-09
1 vs Valencia, Zaragoza, Tenerife and Arsenal 2009-10
1 vs Almeria, Atletico, Betis (CDR) Sevilla (Supercopa) 2010-11
1 vs Osasuna, Atletico, Mallorca, Valencia, Granada, Espanyol, Viktoria Plzen, Leverkusen; 2 vs Malaga

I may be missing 1 or 2, please correct me.

20 hat tricks so far by my estimation.
4 Pokers (4 goals in 1 game) and 5 goals in 1 game once.

KhaledBarca

I cant find a stat with all hat tricks in his career

1 vs RM 2007
1 vs Atletico (CDR) 2008-09
1 vs Valencia, Zaragoza, Tenerife and Arsenal 2009-10
1 vs Almeria, Atletico, Betis (CDR) Sevilla (Supercopa) 2010-11
1 vs Osasuna, Atletico, Mallorca, Valencia, Granada, Espanyol, Viktoria Plzen, Leverkusen; 2 vs Malaga

I may be missing 1 or 2, please correct me.

20 hat tricks so far by my estimation.
4 Pokers (4 goals in 1 game) and 5 goals in 1 game once.

100% right... Messi has 20 hattricks in his career for Barcelona, 1 for Argentina..

¤ Messi scored 20 Hat-tricks in his career for Barcelona:

- 89 times (1 goal/game), 49 times (2), 16 times (3), 3 times (4), 1 time (5).
- 3+ goals: Liga 14 (Club record, equal with Cesar, Kubala has 11), Cup 2, Supercup 1, CL 3.
- Messi is the 1st player to score 2 hat-tricks in a singe UCL season.

Kerrybai

Simply astonishing.

There are different totals given by different sources. RSSF give this total for offical matches.
1. Josef Bican 1931–1956 530 805 goals
2. Romário (Romário de Souza Faria) 1985–2007 994 772 goals
3. Pelé (Edson Arantes do Nascimento) 1956–1990 831 767 goals
4. Ferenc Puskas 1943–1966 754 746 goals
5. Gerd Müller (Gerhard Müller) 1962–1983 793 735 goals

This includes a lot of tournaments. International goals are included for senior and under 23 level etc. Muller and Pele have goals counted from their time in the US. A list like this would include Messi's goals for Barcelona B.

Muller has 405 goals in top flight league football. (365 bundesliga and 40 USA) He has 495 including German second divions/Amateur league. The likes of Pele and Muller benefit from having goals in weaker leagues, as I mentioned Muller has his 'amateur league' goals included (51 in 31 games) Pele scored most of his goals in a state league etc.

Messi won't have the chance to play in such weak leagues but if La Liga remains a two horse race then he can certainly end his career with a high total in that competition. His CL record is exceptional and he will surely pass the 100 goal mark in that competition. Then of course there is the Cup plus some other games where he can score official goals. Add to this his national record which hopefully will improve.

Finally he could player well into his 30's at Barca once he loses his speed etc as a midfielder and still have modest scoring seasons. Perhaps he will then return to Argentina or play in the MLS or some other less competitive league where he could further add to his tally. I think Messi could potentially eclipse Muller, Romario and Pele one day.

LMessin10

xi)Youngest player ever to reach 49 goals in the CL . Added by mitkoa7x

just a small correction, messi is the younguest player to reach 50 goals in the CL

LMessin10

First player to have scored two goals in both of the first games in a Liga season

"Messi’s double against Osasuna (1-2) not only won two crucial points away to Real Sociedad, but also made him the only player to have scored two goals in both of the first games in a Liga season. Nobody has ever done that since the very first season all the way back in 1928/29."

source: http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/best-ever-start-for-leo-messi

Home of Barca Fans