Page 547 of 548 FirstFirst ... 47447497537545546547548 LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 8215

Thread: 1 - Marc-Olaf ter Stegen

Quote Originally Posted by Barcilliant View Post
    Stats lie in this case - blatantly!
    If one player is considered to be better, but yet he concedes more goals for every save he makes. How would you explain that? Maybe you would save he makes more saves, right. That is why I looked at the saves per 90 minutes and MAtS comes out on top. I was surprised too! I guess Dave just makes the flashy save that helps people forget the other stuff. Don't get me wrong, Dave is a Top GK. I just wanted to give some perpective on MAtS, who I feel receives alot of baseless attacks from you guys.
    "Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked."

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jallo View Post
    MAtS is not better than Oblak and Courtois, Please. These two GKs are protected by 2 lines of defense most of the time and they are not required or asked to do anthing else other than kick the ball long. MAtS is far better than them in almost every way. The biggest different is that MAtS is more exposed at any given time becuase of how we play, I dont even think you would ever build a barca team with limited GKs like Oblak and Courtois. Surely you have to know that Oblak and Courtois play on the most defensive teams in world. Do you really thing we would be better off with either Oblak or Courtois?

Top GKs right now in order
    1.) Neuer
    2.) Buffon
    3.) Lloris

After this there is date and you can include MAtS in there becuase of his rare skillset.
    We would be better off with half gks from La Liga mate.

Blunders aside, ter Stegen is a timid gk with chronic lack of quality in taking care of long balls/crosses.
    Freezing is just a latest thing. He used to be more alert so he can fix that but he's still not looking like a keeper we need.

And btw. Not sure if you said that but claiming a player becomes better with each year is naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jallo View Post
    MAtS is not better than Oblak and Courtois, Please. These two GKs are protected by 2 lines of defense most of the time and they are not required or asked to do anthing else other than kick the ball long. MAtS is far better than them in almost every way. The biggest different is that MAtS is more exposed at any given time becuase of how we play, I dont even think you would ever build a barca team with limited GKs like Oblak and Courtois. Surely you have to know that Oblak and Courtois play on the most defensive teams in world. Do you really thing we would be better off with either Oblak or Courtois?

Top GKs right now in order
    1.) Neuer
    2.) Buffon
    3.) Lloris

After this there is date and you can include MAtS in there becuase of his rare skillset.
    That is huge overrating to say at least,those GK aren't just protected by their defense but they also make their defense way better and present when they are needed with some insane saves.
    Do I really believe would be better off with either Oblak or Courtois? Yes,I am sure of it and I don't think it is even a contest atm
    Last edited by khaled_a_d; 12th January 2017 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    That is huge overrating to say at least,those GK aren't just protected by their defense but they also make their defense way better and present when they are needed with some insane saves.
    Do I really believe would be better off with either Oblak or Courtois? Yes,I am sure of it and I don't think it is even a contest atm
    Exactly. When their defence is breached these keepers make great saves. When was the last time Olaf made a great save?? Yep, I bet even you can't remember.

His best performance so far!

Cleansheet for MOTS!

nice clean shit
    ,,Concha de tu madre, hijo de mil putas"

Blaugrana al vent
    Well he had no work, that clean sheet is on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by te amo barca View Post
    Well he had no work, that clean sheet is on defense.
    Nobody picked up my sarcasm.
    I think Lemon boys made only one shot on goal and that went straight to MAtS

New signing

Well, his footwork was at his best today. But he certainly had the time today to make the right passes. I hope he will follow up on this performance.

Palma's GK is probably the example of a good performance. Yeah, 5 balls went behind his back, but he prevented even bigger disaster.

Barçapocalypse NOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by dakt View Post
    Palma's GK is probably the example of a good performance. Yeah, 5 balls went behind his back, but he prevented even bigger disaster.
    Messi's goal is totally on him, though...
    Legends!
    #6 - #5

Quote Originally Posted by evilhita666 View Post
    Messi's goal is totally on him, though...
    And it was not the first time he released the ball exactly to Messi.

Yeah, if Mats played like the Las Palmas keeper you guys would be pissing yourselves in rage...

MATS praised Javi Varas's performance on Ig...

Really happy about the win today!  Goalkeepers are always judged by the number of goals they concede each game, but today, even if we scored 5 times, @javi13varasofficial made some amazing saves and a very good match in my opinion! 
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BPQq6WJFyLO

And Varas's response...

The small details make great people, thank you very much, congratulations and see you in the second round match. Good luck!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BPQ6QKkFxEE

Well done