1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

khaled_a_d

MAtS is not better than Oblak and Courtois, Please. These two GKs are protected by 2 lines of defense most of the time and they are not required or asked to do anthing else other than kick the ball long. MAtS is far better than them in almost every way. The biggest different is that MAtS is more exposed at any given time becuase of how we play, I dont even think you would ever build a barca team with limited GKs like Oblak and Courtois. Surely you have to know that Oblak and Courtois play on the most defensive teams in world. Do you really thing we would be better off with either Oblak or Courtois?

Top GKs right now in order
1.) Neuer
2.) Buffon
3.) Lloris

After this there is date and you can include MAtS in there becuase of his rare skillset.

That is huge overrating to say at least,those GK aren't just protected by their defense but they also make their defense way better and present when they are needed with some insane saves.
Do I really believe would be better off with either Oblak or Courtois? Yes,I am sure of it and I don't think it is even a contest atm

Last edited:

Barcilliant

That is huge overrating to say at least,those GK aren't just protected by their defense but they also make their defense way better and present when they are needed with some insane saves.
Do I really believe would be better off with either Oblak or Courtois? Yes,I am sure of it and I don't think it is even a contest atm

Exactly. When their defence is breached these keepers make great saves. When was the last time Olaf made a great save?? Yep, I bet even you can't remember.

Havesaks

Well, his footwork was at his best today. But he certainly had the time today to make the right passes. I hope he will follow up on this performance.

dakt

Palma's GK is probably the example of a good performance. Yeah, 5 balls went behind his back, but he prevented even bigger disaster.

Messi983

MATS praised Javi Varas's performance on Ig...

Really happy about the win today!  Goalkeepers are always judged by the number of goals they concede each game, but today, even if we scored 5 times, @javi13varasofficial made some amazing saves and a very good match in my opinion! 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPQq6WJFyLO

And Varas's response...

The small details make great people, thank you very much, congratulations and see you in the second round match. Good luck!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPQ6QKkFxEE

Well done :mats:

defyqa

C2SYmdHXgAAWH4B.jpg:small

Home of Barca Fans