1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

KingLeo10

Not really. It's just the Barca community has a tendency to put him under the microscope for every goal he concedes in ways not seen with most goalkeepers.

yup, buffon conceded 3 yesterday and 4 versus real in a CL final but not a peep about it. now i know buffon at his peak was one of the greatest GKs ever but people here act like MATS committed a crime if he concedes a goal :lol:

kadeng

yup, buffon conceded 3 yesterday and 4 versus real in a CL final but not a peep about it. now i know buffon at his peak was one of the greatest GKs ever but people here act like MATS committed a crime if he concedes a goal :lol:

I love mats.. but maybe people here overreact because of the way he concedes the goals. often it seems he does not even react or trying. it looks weird.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't rate him because he is poor in air and acts timid. Best goalkeepers instill confidence in backline and our German more often gives them insecurity.

Andrew M

I don't rate him because he is poor in air and acts timid. Best goalkeepers instill confidence in backline and our German more often gives them insecurity.

Who is better at 1 v 1s in the world? His passing is second to only Neuer probably. Ok he's not as good as Courtois in the air but Courtois has 2 left feet and is not that great rushing off his line so everyone has weaknesses

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
There are few betters keepers in La Liga easily. And yes, being good in air is big deal for us as this has been our weakness since forever and teams often try to exploit it. Wasn't even that good at shot stopping for us nevermind silly fks and blunders he conceded.

He's average at best and being masked with his ball control. Which, btw. he overused and is known to make risks out of nothing.

Andrew M

There are few betters keepers in La Liga easily. And yes, being good in air is big deal for us as this has been our weakness since forever and teams often try to exploit it. Wasn't even that good at shot stopping for us nevermind silly fks and blunders he conceded.

He's average at best and being masked with his ball control. Which, btw. he overused and is known to make risks out of nothing.

Well we'll just have to disagree on him. All keepers makes mistakes.

5ergio_Busquets

I agree. The main task of the goal keeper is to stop the opponent's shots and crosses and not to pass like Xavi.
His passing isn't even that good, he often takes unnecessary risks and puts his team mates under pressure.

Home of Barca Fans