1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

F

FlaFCB

de gea will join madrid next season, apparently. We better hope our olafinho get his shit together.

God Serena

This goal is yet more solid proof that even a world class keeper wouldn't be of any use. We have much bigger problems right now than our keeper not pulling off the impossible.

El Barcelona

Mascherano looks really bad in that conceded goal and indeed, you can't blame stegen on this. Maybe his positioning could be better but than we're nitpicking.. Great effort from neymar, to bad he came just to late.

de gea will join madrid next season, apparently. We better hope our olafinho get his shit together.

I read somewhere that they don't want him anymore because they're happy with navas and the fans love him. Don't now if it be true.

dakt

This goal is yet more solid proof that even a world class keeper wouldn't be of any use. We have much bigger problems right now than our keeper not pulling off the impossible.

No this goal is not proving anything. It's not just this game, but every other. He's an average GK. That's it. No excuses.
Again the day will come when we'll need extra skills from a GK, Stegen is not able to guarantee that.

Zebulun

No this goal is not proving anything. It's not just this game, but every other. He's an average GK. That's it. No excuses.
Again the day will come when we'll need extra skills from a GK, Stegen is not able to guarantee that.

now the first goal vs bilbao when he tried to save with the karate kick i could understand the frustration there lol, however i think its a mixture of both olaf and the team not covering him.
however lets not make it sound like he's lord pinto.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There's an argument that he could have positioned himself a meter further off the line. At those angles, you need to make yourself bigger and close out the opportunity for the attacker to score.

Devils

[youtube]J3o4jLds3oA[/youtube]

Most WC keepers can go an entire career without having a compilation of mistakes this embarrassing. Keep in mind these are the worst of the worst. MAtS has so many more less embarrassing but equally detrimental mistakes.

I bet if you compiled all the mistakes Buffon made in his 22 year career, they wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as this.

Last edited:

Jallo

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...vg_distribution_length/punches/total_score#90

This for all of you lazy ter Stegen haters, the guy is young and will improve every single year. Do not forget that most goalkeepers start being great at around 28 years old. Stegen has immense potential and as the numbers show he is having a great season. Sure he has made dumb mistakes in the past, but that is part of the learning process for a keeper his age who is asked to do so much for the team in and out of possession. He can improve in positioning and aggression off the line.

He will get better (NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT), have some prospective before bashing the young keeper. For example look at how Bayern fans and media treated the GOAT Manuel Nueur when he just arrived in his young days, almost the way some lazy barca fans and media alike treat ter Stegen.

So what a 24 year goalkeeper has a lot of room for improvement isn't that what we want. Marc is doing a fine job with his goalkeeping and passing, you should enjoy him and support him, not bash him.

I created a simple comparison on squawka to show how favorably ter Stegen compares to other top keepers this season. For all of you David De Gea lovers guess what Marc has better numbers than him. More saves per 90, less goals conceded, better distribution, better saves per goal etc.. if David is better he isn't that much better and I highly doubt he would be able to stand the criticism Stegen takes from you guys every single day.

Moral of the post, for the year of our lord 2017 stop being lazy fans, do your research before you bash a player especially a young star goalkeeper like ter Stegen.

OH, by the way on whoscored our guy MAtS has a better per match rating than Dave at 6.63 compared to 6.50. ALSO perennial goalkeeper of the year winner and unquestioned GOAT Manuel Nueur is only at 6.68.

RESPECT THE MAN
:mats:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans