1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

ronniecro

i'm seriously fed up with him,he is only good when it comes to saving penalties and pretty much nothing else,and yes i do not even consider his passing to be that fantastic like most of people do
first goal was just comical,we know that we suck in defence and to round it all our goalkeeper fitted in well with his reactions,second goal was bomb and i'm not saying that i expected him to save that,but it's really annoying looking at him just standing there without even a slightest reflex reaction,and that is not the first time it happened
worse thing is he doesn't have any real competition for his place,masip is unrealistic and has couple of games in last few years and cilessen is only good as a back up for a club like barca

God Serena

Sorry I stumbled upon your crusade, I never paid any attention to it before. You don't have a mind for nuance, sadly. If you can't handle the FACT that the move accomodated both GKs, you can build your dream world in your own mind, too !

The move did accommodate both keepers. But we did not sell Bravo to make Mats happy. As I have said before, Lucho and the club wanted to keep them both for at least another season. There was speculation that their roles might have been reversed, but that same speculation was there every season. This notion that we sold Bravo in order to keep Mats is pure bullshit. There's nothing more to say about it. Bravo wanted to leave, and he left. There's no point blaming Mats or saying we as a club made a mistake in getting rid of Bravo, because the reason Bravo is not here, is Bravo.

F

FlaFCB

Didn't Ter Stegen last year imply that he wasn't content with playing just CDR and CL?

Both would say in interviews they wanted to play more. Bravo's wife even told the press licho should play him in the cl, because he was a better gk.

Raketa10

One of the reasons he is is bad is A HUGE amount of pressure he is currently receiving from everywhere. He is a good goalkeeper and he will become great. People really need to stop with bullshit. He couldn't have done anything different yesterday but to 90% of people here that is not important. Look at Bravo this year at MCI he is TERRIBLE!

Same people here shit all over every single player in our squad. Everyone is bad! Ter Stegen is disaster, Rakitic is slow and has no contribution in attack, Gomes is slow and can't do shit, Paco is worse than f... corner flag, Busquets is done, Neymar is a clown, Suarez can't score, Rafinha is a wrong Alcantara, Masche is old etc. Not to mention some people here were shitting all over Munir and now they are going crazy he is not here.

My God people, I also get mad, that is ok, for example I was mad at Arda after el classico, but some people here just hate and disrespect every single player there is in our squad except Messi and Iniesta and that is really iritating. Stop with hate all of the time and start supporting our team even if we are not as good as we were last two seasons or just find yourself another team which you will support ONLY when they play good.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The pressure doesn't stop him from reacting to shots. Or being slower than an 80 year old in it.

Raketa10

The pressure doesn't stop him from reacting to shots. Or being slower than an 80 year old in it.

I disagree, good reactions come from stability, concentration and calmness and he lost that after Celta game. I agree that he made a huge mistake but after that game he has changed his playing style to worse because he is afraid he will do something like that again. Some people are saying he is arrogant but a disagree I would say he is curently playing in fear. He definitely lacks calmness and you can't have that after you are beeing slaugthered from your own fans all of the time.

And one more thing he is definitely not slow and he showed that douring last two seasons. I was in the stadium agains MCI and that save he made agains Gundogan was one of the quickest reactions I ever saw. He needs to regain confidence and that's all but for that he needs support not criticism all of the time.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
The move did accommodate both keepers. But we did not sell Bravo to make Mats happy. As I have said before, Lucho and the club wanted to keep them both for at least another season. There was speculation that their roles might have been reversed, but that same speculation was there every season. This notion that we sold Bravo in order to keep Mats is pure bullshit. There's nothing more to say about it. Bravo wanted to leave, and he left. There's no point blaming Mats or saying we as a club made a mistake in getting rid of Bravo, because the reason Bravo is not here, is Bravo.

So on a whole, their little protest ended benefiting no one then, none of the parties involved! The idiots the GKs ended up being, the club for not having done enough to convince them and the tapper who never seems to stick to his word!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I disagree, good reactions come from stability, concentration and calmness and he lost that after Celta game. I agree that he made a huge mistake but after that game he has changed his playing style to worse because he is afraid he will do something like that again. Some people are saying he is arrogant but a disagree I would say he is curently playing in fear. He definitely lacks calmness and you can't have that after you are beeing slaugthered from your own fans all of the time.

And one more thing he is definitely not slow and he showed that douring last two seasons. I was in the stadium agains MCI and that save he made agains Gundogan was one of the quickest reactions I ever saw. He needs to regain confidence and that's all but for that he needs support not criticism all of the time.

ter Stegen is not getting booed(and I somehow doubt he reads this forum unless he's obsessed with reading about himself), in fact you can hear his name getting chanted at times in the Camp Nou. He is assured of his position in the team too. And his reactions have been off before the Celta game. He more often than not lets the ball pass him while standing there like a statue.

de Gea and Oblak were getting murdered by the English and Pro-Madrid media respectively, but they kept their composure after making some mistakes and still showed the ability to make great reaction saves.

If what you're saying is true then ter Stegen doesn't have the mentality to play for a top team. If he can't bounce back and is scared then he has nothing to do at a club like Barcelona, and I'm saying this being one of his biggest fans.

That mannequin challenge move of his is such a fundamental GK flaw that it is embarrassing.

So on a whole, their little protest ended benefiting no one then, none of the parties involved! The idiots the GKs ended up being, the club for not having done enough to convince them and the tapper who never seems to stick to his word!

Yep.

If it continues the same way for the players then Man City are going to bring in Rulli and put Bravo on the bench while some board members who were in favor of signing Courtois, will start making moves to sign him or someone else.

I've not read much from the media for some time, but I bet their patience is running out too. If this continues, I bet you'll start seeing articles about other goalkeepers being linked to the club in March.

Last edited:

And there it is. Lots of aggression based on a wrong assumption. I was fine with Bravo leaving early from the day we signed him.

God Serena

It seems so. Neither keeper is playing anywhere near the level they played at when both were here.

And there it is. Lots of aggression based on a wrong assumption. I was fine with Bravo leaving early from the day we signed him.

I wasn't replying to you in the first place, you just jumped in.

Home of Barca Fans