1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I'm not sure how much of it is on him and how much is the way we play but things will have to change somehow

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Him not reacting to any shot whatsoever is on him and just him.

That's not even my biggest gripe with his game today or in general. He didn't react to that shot because he (unnecessarily) decided to make a small jump to the side just before Williams shot.

The biggest problem is with our play from the back, distribution and the general shambles of our defence.

Zebulun

Him not reacting to any shot whatsoever is on him and just him.

well only the first goal is on him and he did react, he just did something stupid in throwing is feet to catch the ball instead of his hands :lol:
its ridiculous though

dakt

He should go. At age of 24 and crying for not playing enough...he should reconcile with greater expectations and standards which were not met by his play. This is Barca. Big club, Big money, Big expectations. Bye. Good luck.

F

FlaFCB

His performances are inexcusable at this point.

And this is coming from me. My lord, he's a shadow of the keeper he once was.

It's intriguing. He went downhill so fast. Nothing like the gk from his 1st season.

serghei

The biggest problem is with our play from the back, distribution and the general shambles of our defence.

And that comes from Lucho's failure to recognize a simple fact. That there are, in principle, 3 ways to play from he back against a team that puts pressure on you with many players playing in advanced positions.

1) Play a more fluid system and move around more so you can make it harder for the opponent to stay close to you in order to block a pass in your direction.
2) Form a shorter team and drop the frontline closer to the backline, so players from the back can also skip the first station ball towards the midfielders if possible (who are being marked and can't receive), and play directly to MSN. Having more options to pass makes the pressing more easy to beat.
3) Keep a long team and play long ball from defence. MSN can either win the duel, or press on the 2nd ball and maybe win that one.

At the moment we're not doing anything. When Bilbao presses you with 5-6 men, it's clear that there are 3-4 of your players who are guarded by 1 opposing player. We just have to find those players, and stop passing the ball to the ones that are marked.

Last edited:

dakt

We need a GK that can save us from at least 1-2 bad games per season. He's not that quality. FFS, when the likes of Kameni are on fire, even we will have a hard time winning the game.

Home of Barca Fans