1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Alik

Isn't it better? he gets a lot of rest because of that. Those friendlies(aka the nations league) are useless anyway, you still get another chance to qualify for euros.

I don’t have any issues unless it affects his confidence or something. Or, if you're a Germany fan.

He still travels with the team. Whether he plays or not is almost irrelevant to his rest.

El Trencaxarxes

ter Stegen is the best keeper in the world and he should be no1 keeper for germany. he is much better than neuer but i don't think low will pick him over neuer. i think low will need to be sacked and then a new manager comes in then i think ter Stegen will play for germany.

I think it's unfair to say that he is much better than Neuer. Neuer isn't that bad and ter Stegen isn't that good in my opinion. I wouldn't say that it's clear cut that ter Stegen is the best either. Oblak and De Gea are truly insanely good keepers.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think it's unfair to say that he is much better than Neuer. Neuer isn't that bad and ter Stegen isn't that good in my opinion. I wouldn't say that it's clear cut that ter Stegen is the best either. Oblak and De Gea are truly insanely good keepers.

de Gea has been poor for Spain and Man Utd since halfway last season.

El Trencaxarxes

de Gea has been poor for Spain and Man Utd since halfway last season.

I actually took a look at the statistic at the end of last season. I looked at expect goals against (xGA) and compared it the number of goals allowed. I also included how many saves they made for each goal they allowed. This is what I found:

David De Gea - xGA 42,89 - 28 goals allowed - difference of 14,89. 4,11 saves per goal allowed.
Jan Oblak - xGA 34,95 - 22 goals allowed - difference of 12,95. 4,95 saves per goal allowed.
Marc-André ter Stegen - xGA 40,51 - 28 goals allowed - difference of 12,51. 3,50 saves per goal allowed.
Alisson - xGA 37,48 - 28 goals allowed - difference of 9,48. 3,89 saves per goal allowed.
Samir Handanovic - xGA 37,33 - 30 goals allowed - difference of 7,33. 3,10 saves per goal allowed.
Manuel Neuer (16/17) - xGA 18,30 - 13 goals allowed - difference of 5,30. 3,92 saves per goal allowed.
Gianluigi Buffon - xGA 17,87 - 14 goals allowed - difference of 3,87. 3,21 saves per goal allowed.
Keylor Navas - xGA 32,45 - 31 goals allowed - difference of 1,45. 2,68 saves per goal allowed.
Loris Karius - xGA 14,68 - 14 goals allowed - difference of 0,68. 2,21 saves per goal allowed.
Hugo Lloris - xGA 33,61 - 35 goals allowed - difference of -1,39. 2,45 saves per goal allowed.
Thibaut Courtois - xGA 31,13 - 34 goals allowed - difference of -2,87. 2,24 saves per goal allowed.
Ederson - xGA 22,32 - 26 goals allowed - difference of -3,68. 2,23 saves per goal allowed.
Gianluigi Donnarumma - xGA 36,78 - 42 goals allowed - difference of -5,22. 2,17 saves per goal allowed.

I took the numbers from 2016-2017 for Neuer though, as he almost didn't play last season. I think these numbers reflect what I've said so far pretty well. It's really close between De Gea, Oblak and ter Stegen. I remember being surprised that Neuer's numbers weren't better, but I think it's right to say that he's regressed quite a bit in recent years. Definitely not the Neuer that we saw a handful of years ago.

Givenchy

I'd put MaTS ahead of DDG/Oblak simply due to his ability playing out from the back. goalkeeping wise they are pretty equal but football is evolving and MaTS will be leading the goalkeeping evolution, just look at him vs PSG in our comeback :worthy:

El Trencaxarxes

I'd put MaTS ahead of DDG/Oblak simply due to his ability playing out from the back. goalkeeping wise they are pretty equal but football is evolving and MaTS will be leading the goalkeeping evolution, just look at him vs PSG in our comeback :worthy:

That's definitely not an unfair assessment. As I said earlier, ter Stegen is clearly head and shoulders above everybody else as far as his abilities on the ball go. I think only Neuer and Ederson come close, and Neuer has transgressed somewhat while Ederson is nowhere near ter Stegen in terms of the more traditional goalkeeping abilities.

LMTR14

1 on 1 he is the best in the world. saturday performance was phenomenal once again. once that özil-brownnoser löw is history (hopefully soon) he will be germany's new no 1.

EdmondDantes

DqQ6A7pXgAA71H-.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This got to be our record in recent years for goals conceded in first 11 rounds. And all the while our GK has been in form and our manager tried to make Barca more conservative.

Just Valverde's things.

soul24rage

[tw]1060943851798507520[/tw]

should we start cillessen vs betis to make MATS's shoulder get better? He's left out from the German NT friendlies.

Home of Barca Fans