1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Devils

MAtS is for sure our future capita.

The guy genuinely love the club down to its core roots. He's becoming a great leader on the pitch as well.

His progress at Barca has been incredible. A role model for young players who sign with the Barca.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Definitely a good role model especially for young and coming Goalkeepers coming through La Masia.

I remember André Onana who spent a number of years in La Masia and who's the current starting Goalkeeper for Ajax saying he uses Stegen as a reference point.

Givenchy

the future führer of our team for sure and only 25 years old :worthy: Neuer is great but i really hope to see MaTS starting the WC

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I love this guy.

First day at Barca he faced shit from the press who asked him and Zubi about Courtois whom they preferred and campaigned hard for.

Arrived at his dream club and has a bad start, gets benched for Bravo. New country, new language, new league, a graveyard for GKs with intense scrutinity and a very young guy.

Didn't get to play regularly which is vital for a GKs development. All his peers played almost every week at his age while he sat for two years with irregular game time that IMO, likely stalled his development which showed the first year he was a starter, where he also tried to do certain things too much to impress everyone.

Moved to Barcelona with his wife who started studying there. Learned Spanish and speaks it better than Sergio Ramos now. Both settled in and live in the city and have taken it as a home, guy is a reference point for many La Masia kids who have said ter Stegen is very friendly and approachable. Guy follows our other teams like different La Masia age groups, Women's team and more.

How can you not love this guy. Went through some shit and difficult times where most people would have crumbled. Mentally tough.

Should be chosen as our 4th Captain. Would be a travesty if Alba, Suarez or Roberto gets it in front of him. Alba and Suarez should not get it because of very obvious reasons and Roberto's only claim to it is being a local kid having gone through the academy, but none of them deserve it more than ter Stegen.

xXKonan

Yeah I remember the Courtois fever and how the Catalan press were having a major wanking fest over him.

Funny how things work considering how much better Stegen has gotten and how Courtois hasn't improved much since his loan days at Atletico.

Givenchy

I love this guy.

First day at Barca he faced shit from the press who asked him and Zubi about Courtois whom they preferred and campaigned hard for.

Arrived at his dream club and has a bad start, gets benched for Bravo. New country, new language, new league, a graveyard for GKs with intense scrutinity and a very young guy.

Didn't get to play regularly which is vital for a GKs development. All his peers played almost every week at his age while he sat for two years with irregular game time that IMO, likely stalled his development which showed the first year he was a starter, where he also tried to do certain things too much to impress everyone.

Moved to Barcelona with his wife who started studying there. Learned Spanish and speaks it better than Sergio Ramos now. Both settled in and live in the city and have taken it as a home, guy is a reference point for many La Masia kids who have said ter Stegen is very friendly and approachable. Guy follows our other teams like different La Masia age groups, Women's team and more.

How can you not love this guy. Went through some shit and difficult times where most people would have crumbled. Mentally tough.

Should be chosen as our 4th Captain. Would be a travesty if Alba, Suarez or Roberto gets it in front of him. Alba and Suarez should not get it because of very obvious reasons and Roberto's only claim to it is being a local kid having gone through the academy, but none of them deserve it more than ter Stegen.

Agree with you 100% apart from 4th Captain... he should be THE captain :worthy:

fergus90

I know Messi is the greatest player of all time but I truly believe this guy should be the captain now Iniesta is leaving.

Home of Barca Fans