1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, Leno is a very good shot blocker, better that our own Olaf in my opinion. He is young and certainly not wanting to sit on the bench.

JamDav1982

I like him but if Bayern fancy a swap with Thiago he can leave.

Other than that Ter Stegen is a great keeper and Barca couldnt pick up a better one who is more suited.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I would never swap him with Thiago. Thiago hasn't been that great, he is a player that plays well when the whole team plays well and plays bad when the whole team plays bad. Otherwise he is just above average.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Would swap him for Thiago and then sign Kepa as his replacement.

Not because I hate ter Stegen before people come after me, but because we would have a proper midfielder and a very talented goalkeeper who's already turning out to be one of the best in La Liga.

I bet even Thiago doesn't want to come back.

Why not? He wouldn't want one badly enough to push for it but this forum seems to be under the impression that Thiago hates Barca and would never come back under any circumstance. He only left in the first place because he wasn't happy with his place in the team, which wouldn't be a problem any more.

Anyway, this is never going to happen. No way Bayern trade Thiago for a keeper they'd bench after a few months. And no way ter Stegen agrees to be relegated to Bayern's bench after a few months.

Galning

Selling a good player to get another one is a ridiculous transfer policy. Barça should be able to keep players like Ter Stegen and sign quality elsewhere. Lots of junk to get rid off first without having to sell our starting goalkeeper.

BarçaBarça

I wouldn't swap him for anyone. Having a reliable WC-goalkeeper suited to your kind of football is not something you can take for granted.

Neeraj

Looks like Jamdav started quite a discussion with a random swap comment :lol:.

I wouldn't swap him for anyone. Having a reliable WC-goalkeeper suited to your kind of football is not something you can take for granted.

I think he does suit our type of game (which is passing between defender and keeper more often than between midfielders, discussion for another thread :p), and is fairly good. Problem is, I'm not quite sure he's WC. There are a fair few keepers in the world who you'd argue are better at crosses, set pieces, long shots, etc.

Sure, he's good with 1v1's (so was Valdes) and has good distribution. But if you give me Neur or De Gea with even worse passing ability than they have - I'd take them in a heartbeat. Similarly, I'm sure there are young keepers out there who have great attributes and don't freeze as much (yes, I went there).

Home of Barca Fans