1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Cule Finn

I always like to see keepers make an effort to save a shot, so William's first post was a bit of a freeze. But he certainly couldn't have done anything for the goal, as there was no way for him to see the shot.

Horatio

You're welcome
On the goal, him not reacting in time is totally fine because like some people said was crowded in front of him. Totally understandable.

But I didn't like how he looked on the first attempt by Willian. He saw the shot in time but incorrectly anticipated it would go wide.

God Serena

Of course in chat everyone lost their minds when he didn't move to save the goal. Pretty clear that circumstances be damned, many people are just waiting for a mistake to pounce on him.

The goal was a wide open shot but somehow there were four defenders in front of Willian when he took it. Terrible defending, really. How can any person even consider pointing the finger at the keeper when the defense has done nothing to help him?

Horatio

You're welcome
Of course in chat everyone lost their minds when he didn't move to save the goal. Pretty clear that circumstances be damned, many people are just waiting for a mistake to pounce on him.

The goal was a wide open shot but somehow there were four defenders in front of Willian when he took it. Terrible defending, really. How can any person even consider pointing the finger at the keeper when the defense has done nothing to help him?

I hope this wasn't directed at my post.

khaled_a_d

On the goal, him not reacting in time is totally fine because like some people said was crowded in front of him. Totally understandable.

But I didn't like how he looked on the first attempt by Willian. He saw the shot in time but incorrectly anticipated it would go wide.

this

Horatio

You're welcome
It was perfect kick though. No way he expected to come through all those players. It was crazy good.

It just needed to go past Umtiti. Watch what El Flaco posted.

I am not worried honestly. Ter Stegen will do this from time to time like any other keeper makes mistakes and doesn't have a perfect game week in week out.
Problem last season was it seemed to become a habit. Don't think it will become one again. Today he was reminded of that.

FinBarcelonafan

It just needed to go past Umtiti. Watch what El Flaco posted.

I am not worried honestly. Ter Stegen will do this from time to time like any other keeper makes mistakes and doesn't have a perfect game week in week out.
Problem last season was it seemed to become a habit. Don't think it will become one again. Today he was reminded of that.

Oh sorry. I was talking about the goal he scored. He froze 3 times today.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, either anticipated it going out or was caught flat-footed.

Btw that Willian goal was a fucking good shot watching it in replay. He did bend it around two players so it was impossible for tS to see it until it was very close.

Home of Barca Fans