1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Zincubus

Banned
Both goals are not his fault.

After this round Jan Oblak is leading the race, a goal less conceded.

Correct !

But goals were flukes . Who heads the ball down into the ground to see it bounce in off the crossbar :) Second was a massive deflection as was the disallowed one .

BerkeleyBernie

Dude was horrorshow today on clearances, almost everything a hospital ball up the middle and quickly won by the opposition. I understand not trusting Semedo to work the ball out but at least give Alba a chance once in awhile.

M

MessiCam

His distribution was off last night. Had to go long though due to the high press of Betis.

BerkeleyBernie

His distribution was off last night. Had to go long though due to the high press of Betis.

I realize there was the press, but there was still the opportunity to safely hit the fullbacks on occasion- or at least hoof it towards the touchlines, not straight up the middle. The fullbacks could always blast it if they needed to. Putting it up the middle nearly always resulted with the ball back in Barça half, so couldn't have done any worse using the wings.

Unless he had instructions from Valverde?

M

MessiCam

I realize there was the press, but there was still the opportunity to safely hit the fullbacks on occasion- or at least hoof it towards the touchlines, not straight up the middle. The fullbacks could always blast it if they needed to. Putting it up the middle nearly always resulted with the ball back in Barça half, so couldn't have done any worse using the wings.

Unless he had instructions from Valverde?

I think it was a tactic. He would often draw Betis players forward by meandering with the ball at the edge of the box before belting it upfield.

Betis also pressed with 3 upfront which meant that at any given time only one would be unmarked which majority of the time was Pique due to him falling to the byline to collect the pass.

dostoevskij

it was clearly a different tactic due to betis pressing and formation. remember the first minutes in the CL game against bayern in 2015,

btw: i really like those low passes to messi over the whole field. incredible how exact they come. in that case mats is like a holding midfielder:wave:

khaled_a_d

Will he leave us for Bayern Munich one day?

MATS is around 6 years younger than Neuer, the later is still in his prime and will have 5 years as starter (unless he keep getting injured which is unlikely for GK) and by the time they are ready to get new GK they will most likely want someone younger than MATS.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
And why would he join them anyway? He got everything he needed at Barça and his family seem to have settled down very well too.

Home of Barca Fans