1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Yannik

Had little to do in the game, but it's great to see the game didn't lull him into sleep and he was sharp when needed.

I think this is the most important trait for a goalkeeper at a top team. Any goalkeeper can have great games. Usually if a goalkeeper does 2 great saves, he's very likely to add a third due to confidence boosts. Goalkeepers just have those days where it works. But what truly seperates the best from the rest is the ability to stay idle for 80mins and then bail his team out in the only great, great chance that the opponent has.

In small teams with bad defences it's very easy to become a hero, but a top team goalkeeper will not face as many shots, so staying focussed is mandatory.

Horatio

You're welcome
I think this is the most important trait for a goalkeeper at a top team. Any goalkeeper can have great games. Usually if a goalkeeper does 2 great saves, he's very likely to add a third due to confidence boosts. Goalkeepers just have those days where it works. But what truly seperates the best from the rest is the ability to stay idle for 80mins and then bail his team out in the only great, great chance that the opponent has.

In small teams with bad defences it's very easy to become a hero, but a top team goalkeeper will not face as many shots, so staying focussed is mandatory.

Yes, This is what I was getting at.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The save ratio didn't impress me, as he also had quite a decent one in past seasons... However, the quality, difficulty and importance of his saves has skyrocketed, and the impact in the results is clear for all to see... His improvements are undeniable nad has definitely shown he deserves the starting spot...

BusiTheKing

There's a video that shows Dybala just starting to do his celebatory run when he sees the path of his shot. He never expected him to save that.

Xaviniesta

DPVE6bYWAAIGRim.jpg

Home of Barca Fans