1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Total-Football

what went wrong is that he should have made an extra step further to close down the shooting angle.. he stopped although he had time to get closer to the attacker.

FCBfan22

Just a post to appreciate this guy.

Our 2nd best player this season. Hopefully, he keeps it up for many years to come.

Richard.H

Just a post to appreciate this guy.

Our 2nd best player this season. Hopefully, he keeps it up for many years to come.

No doubt he has been the 2nd best player this season. I didn't think any other keeper could fit better to our style than VV, but I'm glad I was proven wrong.

serghei

No doubt he has been the 2nd best player this season. I didn't think any other keeper could fit better to our style than VV, but I'm glad I was proven wrong.

I found Valdes overrated myself. One of the Barca players I least liked. Stegen is better than him at everything.

xXKonan

Valdes had his flaws but I can't really deny the impact he had on the GK positioning here and how he stepped up during a time we went through GK's like crazy.

Ter Stegen is the perfect successor and Upgrade to Valdes. What Valdes helped bring to the table here during his time, Ter Stegen took the torch and helped improved on what he did.

Altomonte

Nope, thats oblak.

__

I rate messi, pique, alba higher this season, maybe 4th best.
As to Oblak, I think he underperformed when it counted, against Juventus. I don't think MAtS would have conceded all 3 goals, 1-2, but not three. Oblak was afraid of CR7, did not try to stop him when he was almost at the goal line.

Last edited:

Havesaks

Well he looked kinda poor for his standards in that game, but its not like you expect gks to save those shots. But yes ter Stegen has a tendency to play better,when we play important games.

And lets just take a moment to appreciate he hasnt frozen or made any foolish passing errors in ages. He has come a long way, ..and its obvious he puts a lot of effort and determination in his football. We havent even seen his peak yet, and unlike de gea, casillias etc he doesnt depend in reflecs - i could really See him stay here for a long time (35-37 y.o.) and maybe even make captain some day. Certainly one of pur best transfers this century.

Home of Barca Fans